engine block heater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know specifically where a block heater would be installed on a 2011 Subaru Outback? A picture with arrow and circle would be nice.

Also, is there any aftermarket oil filter that meets Subaru's by-pass pressure rating besides Purolator's L14460 or is the OEM filter the preferred choice? Thanks

I hope you dont need a block heater in Dallas
smile.gif
Planning a trip to the Northwest? Us subie guys and gals have had good luck with the xxx...12A OEM honeywell. Blue subie may know about the block heater. I have to find one myself for the new FB engine in the new Forester.

I just removed a in-line hose heater from my 2003 Sierra. My new procedure is just to use slightly thinner synthetic oil in the Winter. Do you plan to leave Dallas this Winter? I wouldn't bother with a heater down there.

A coolant hose heater put opposite the thermostat will work pretty well. It's a bit messy to install, however.

There are also stick-on oil pan heaters that many here prefer over block heaters.

it's a lot of work on this, seems as though the exhaust manifolds have to be dropped to access the area needed. I'm going to have to ponder this for a while now.

With a nickname like "Wild Loon" I am betting that you're going back to Canada...hence the block heater...

And the synthetic oil advice is good. Would have used it when we lived there if it were available. Mobil 1 0W30 sure helped my old truck start on those cold Vermont mornings.

years ago i used lower rad hose heaters and heater hose heater. generally they work good. except they rust out if you have ANY water in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back