Cut/Paste Photos Purolator PureOne PL14615 For 2022 Subaru Crosstrek 2.5

Good Afternoon Board,

The P1 was in service 7 months, 1800 miles; easy to install & remove as it sits inside the engine bay - thank you Subaru for that design.

The filter was filled with oil at removal, so I am assuming the anti-drain back valve did it's job. :)

The filtering element in excellent shape, no visual issues; the louvers open on the core tube.

This filter meets Subaru's bypass pressure rating.

Cost was about $13 at Advance Auto.

As a side note, I photo'd the crush washer. I had a thread a few months back concerning the flat vs round side of the washer, i.e., which way does it go. It was clear to me, from the factory, that the flat side of the washer was put up against the flat side of the bolt; the round side of the washer was put up against the drain pan. The flat side of the washer is slightly larger (maybe a finger nail difference) than the round side after the round side of the washer was crushed up against the drain pain I don't think the photos show that, I probably need a better camera. o_O

I have the filter still if anyone has a question or would like me to check something else on it.

RevRider

Attachments

• P7120104.JPG
    P7120104.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 73
  • P7120107.JPG
    P7120107.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 70
  • P7120108.JPG
    P7120108.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 69
  • P7120109.JPG
    P7120109.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 69
  • P7120113.JPG
    P7120113.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 76
  • P7120114.JPG
    P7120114.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 79
  • P7120115.JPG
    P7120115.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 79
  • P7120116.JPG
    P7120116.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 79
  • P7120117.JPG
    P7120117.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 73
  • P7120120.JPG
    P7120120.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 69
Good Afternoon Board,

The P1 was in service 7 months, 1800 miles; easy to install & remove as it sits inside the engine bay - thank you Subaru for that design.

The filter was filled with oil at removal, so I am assuming the anti-drain back valve did it's job. :)

The filtering element in excellent shape, no visual issues; the louvers open on the core tube.

As a side note, I photo'd the crush washer. I had a thread a few months back concerning the flat vs round side of the washer, i.e., which way does it go. It was clear to me, from the factory, that the flat side of the washer was put up against the flat side of the bolt; the round side of the washer was put up against the drain pan. The flat side of the washer is slightly larger (maybe a finger nail difference) than the round side after the round side of the washer was crushed up against the drain pain I don't think the photos show that, I probably need a better camera. o_O

I have the filter still if anyone has a question or would like me to check something else on it.

RevRider
Not too bad. What oil and filter went back in and on?

Thank You sir

Good Afternoon Board,

RevRider
Hi RevRider,
Superb C/P and write up. I have this filter on my 2021 Forester so I was glad to see the results you had. . . the media looks great. I too love the filter placement.
Curious as to why you removed it after 1,800 miles. Are you in breaking a new engine?

Hi RevRider,
Superb C/P and write up. I have this filter on my 2021 Forester so I was glad to see the results you had. . . the media looks great. I too love the filter placement.
Curious as to why you removed it after 1,800 miles. Are you in breaking a new engine?
Thanks for your nice words on the C/P and write-up. :)

Total miles on car is only 4600 since I purchased it in May 2022.

My understanding of the service intervals on oil service is 6 months or 6,000 miles. I hated to drop the oil, I had Amsoil XL 0-20 in there, which is rated at 10,000 miles. I put Amsoil OE in along with another P1.

My understanding of the service intervals on oil service is 6 months or 6,000 miles. I hated to drop the oil, I had Amsoil XL 0-20 in there, which is rated at 10,000 miles. I put Amsoil OE in along with another P1.
The reason for the 6-month requirement is to ensure that you don't do 6,000 miles of purely short-trip driving with a cold engine, which is pretty much impossible to do within a 6-month period, but is possible to do over a year. A 3,600 mile / 12 month OCI would be much more reasonable if you do a decent amount of longer trips, especially in the California climate.

When my Subaru was still in warranty, I kept receipts for more oil and filters than I actually used in case there was a warranty issue, and changed the oil every 10-12 months at 4-6k miles.

Back