Oil for 1995 Contour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have volunteered to change oil in my friends 1995 Ford Contour 2.0L 4 cyl. I have no idea what oil or filter to use or how much oil it takes. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

The original Motorcraft oil filter is discontinued. It was FL2005, and very good.
400s is the newer replacement.

5-30 is what you want. Anybody's that's on sale . I like Pennzoil or Motorcraft.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
The original Motorcraft oil filter is discontinued. It was FL2005, and very good.
400s is the newer replacement.

You sure? AutoZone lists the filter as FL300, but I have learned that stores are not always accurate.
smile.gif

autozone or orielys should be able to tell you the capacity as well. i think its 5qts but i dont remember. use whatever is on sale. auto zone has some good oilchange deals this month. like that $15 peak special with $5 mail in rebate!!

I own a 1996 2.0L Zetec Contour and the replacement oil quantity is 4.5 quarts, per the manual. The original Motorcraft oil filter was the FL200S, a great filter, no longer available. Wix, Purolater, Mobil 1 and I'm sure others offer great filters. I know that Napa Gold aka Wix filter is the same spring bottom bypass valve as the Motorcraft oil filters. Purolater oil filters have the valve in the dome. Whether that makes a real difference is yet to be determined. The FL2005 was for later 2.0 Zetecs with the variable valve timing. Use a filter that has a silicone ADV, ie any color except black usually.

Whimsey

As I remember the oil filter is fun to change on this one. Turning the wheel to the left a little before you shut it down to change the oil might not be a bad idea.The pcv valve is really fun if it's been neglected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back