Duragloss no longer available at retailers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go to their web site, there's a list of retailers where it's sold, but I've either gone to, or called every one of them on the list that's located in my area and none of them sell it anymore. The NAPA store I used to buy it from said they would order it for me, but I would have to pay for shipping. If I'm gonna do that, I might as well just get it from the cheapest place I can find on the internet. I wonder why nobody's carrying this stuff anymore? Is it a poor seller? I hope not. I finally find a product I really like and it's becoming harder and harder to find. With my luck it'll be discontinued and all I'll be left with is the crummy store brands...:0(....

Last edited:
They make great products. Over at Autogeek they really revere Duragloss' car shampoo/soap which I plan to buy as soon as I use up what I have. It's also dirt cheap, like all of their products and produces great results. The Napa near me also doesn't carry their stuff and so I just order it online. Marine/boat places tend to carry the product I hear.

Funny timing. Out of curiosity, stopped at one of the rare Carquest stores in the area. Had one very old bottle of 101, a few 111, and no 105. Said he could get it for me for ~$10 overnight, no shipping charge. Also said though, that Duragloss stopped shipping many products.
21.gif

Bummer! I'm out of AW. I better stock up if I find some. Typically, the stock at my local CQ is very dusty. I don't think "regular" people recognize the brand, nor know it's quality.

I've never found it at any store. Employees at stores that supposedly carried it got a deer in the headlights look when asked about it. Order online direct from Duragloss, really cheap shipping. Seems like it's $5.00 regardless of order size but it has been a while since I placed one. Autogeek also carries it.

Our local Bumper to Bumper auto parts store carries Duragloss products,and I've been ordering their stuff online. I had no idea! Duragloss products are a great value!

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
Bummer! I'm out of AW. I better stock up if I find some. Typically, the stock at my local CQ is very dusty. I don't think "regular" people recognize the brand, nor know it's quality.

That's because most people are too busy wasting their money on garbage like Maguiar's or NuFinish...

Last edited:
The few bottles of DG that I have seen at a couple of CQ's have been dusty and sun faded (like all their wash products.)
It prolly cause almost eveyone unfortunetly gets what they need at china-mart and not at any parts store.

Originally Posted By: 1kickbuttranger
The few bottles of DG that I have seen at a couple of CQ's have been dusty and sun faded (like all their wash products.)
It prolly cause almost eveyone unfortunetly gets what they need at china-mart and not at any parts store.

Yep, people are conditioned to think the more they see particular products on the shelves, they must be better. When it comes to car waxes, it's the products least sold by retailers that usually end up being the best. Unfortunately, many of those products don't stick around long because they don't get the same exposure as the ones you see in the stores all the time, so they remain relatively unheard of.

I sure do not understand DG's business model. They must do private label stuff since they do not seem to push it OTC and do not release many new products.

Originally Posted By: MKZman
I sure do not understand DG's business model. They must do private label stuff since they do not seem to push it OTC and do not release many new products.

I agree. Their marketing approach leaves a lot to be desired...

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: 1kickbuttranger

Yep, people are conditioned to think the more they see particular products on the shelves, they must be better. When it comes to car waxes, it's the products least sold by retailers that usually end up being the best. Unfortunately, many of those products don't stick around long because they don't get the same exposure as the ones you see in the stores all the time, so they remain relatively unheard of.

Put a picture of a sports car on the bottle, some ergonimicly shaped bottle, a flashy shiny label, and people will but it!!

NAPA has it listed online but I haven't contacted the store to see if they can get it.

https://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Resul...amp;Ntk=Keyword

I'm torn between the 101, 105, and 111. I'm looking a synthetic sealant to apply to a new car and afterwards apply a carnauba wax. I've read reviews of the general term "Duragloss" but not an individual model (101, 105, 111). Their product description online sounds one-in-the-same for each individual model.

http://www.duragloss.com/catalog.asp?catid=89

I'm not necessarily looking for a "polish" that takes away from the clear coat, simply a sealant. I read about Klasse, Collinite and mulitple other sealants and waxes but they are not readially available.

Last edited:

Rumor is that one of the boutique brand which has "i" in the middle, is actually DG in disguise :)

- Vikas

Try DG951, AquaWax. Since you only want a sealant, and not polisher, this is a prefect. It is easiest to use and DG's flagship product.

Originally Posted By: Vikas

Rumor is that one of the boutique brand which has "i" in the middle, is actually DG in disguise :)

- Vikas

That wouldn't suprise me one bit as I've had excellent results using Zaino as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back