2001 BMW M5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! It is raining right now, just picked it up from the dealer. They replaced the tie-rod end that, while it passed safety, had SOME play, and they wanted me to have it done. So I did. OEM part. $$$$$

This is the most incredible car I've ever driven. Everybody at the dealership (Chrysler) was commenting on it and how eye-catching the colour is.

I'm very happy with it. When the rain lets up, and I get home, I'll snap some more pics as promised.

OK, got some more pics (sorry Ben, no interior shots yet, wife was in a hurry to get out for a drive, as you can probably tell from the pics).

Pics aren't the best quality. I was rushing.

M1home01.jpg

M1home02.jpg

M1home03.jpg

M1home04.jpg

Well the engine shot was taken with me standing between the M5 and the Expedition, so it isn't THAT close! I have a short driveway, and I don't like the idea of the car being close to the sidewalk (for obvious reasons).

Yeah, it does look really close in that pic, LOL!

I'll try to get some "posed" pics tomorrow if I have some time.

Gave it a quick wash and then waxed the hood and trunk. Haven't done the car yet.

Also snapped the requisite fill-cap shots
grin.gif

M5driveway01.jpg

M5driveway02.jpg

M5driveway03.jpg

Yes, the paint is beautiful. BTW, "The Critic" should take note, as this car has a properly installed clear bra on it
grin.gif

The engine is spotless through the fill hole. It was obviously quite well maintained.

The cartridge oil filter is on top of the engine next to the driver side air filter, you may want to use the filer cap wrench to remove the filter holder. If you use an oil extractor you can change oil and filter with getting under the car.

The inside engine is very clean for a 10 years old car, look like previous owner took good care of the car.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Yes, the paint is beautiful. BTW, "The Critic" should take note, as this car has a properly installed clear bra on it
grin.gif

sigh...

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
grin.gif

sigh...

You knew that was coming
grin.gif

Beautiful car!

Is the engine from a 7-series but "M"'d? The engine looks similar to my brother's 740iL except of course the M-Power badge.

Can somebody point me to an earlier topic where he went through the pluses and minuses of buying this vehicle? I really really need to see if I can convince "ourselves" the need for such a vehicle.

- Vikas

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back