REPCO 15w-40 CI-4 SL ..GSX1400 5,000KM OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the lads downunder in Australia.

The result shows that the cheap 4$ a litre (on sale) 15w-40 CI-4, SL oil from Repco and made by Penrite is working fine in my GSX1400. Sample taken from oil change after 5,000km of use, with 22,500km on the odo. The file is too big to copy / paste so am typing out the results in ppm.

Lead 1
Iron 15
Aluminium 7
Copper 1
Chromium 0
Tin 0
Nickel 0
Silicon 19 ...bit on the high side ??
Sodium 0
Magnesium 168
Zinc 1361
Molybdenum 0
Calcium 2540
Phosphorus 1016
Boron 0

TBN 8.1 ........Penrite value for Virgin oil was 9.7, oil has not yet reached rapid deterioration state.
Viscosity @ 40C 85.0
Viscosity @ 100C 13.5

There was zero or near zero reading of soot, glycol, water, oxidation, nitration or sulphination. This oil with a TBN of 8.1 would have gone longer than 5000km, how much longer ? Who knows ?

Cheers from Vmaxer @ http://www.ozmcripoff.webs.com

Last edited:
depending of if you drove through a dust storm or not, that silicon is either high or ok. which may have helped produce the iron of 15. that i dont think is that high either.
alum is low and copper is zip.

in my eyes, this looks like a tiny bit of gearset wear or a single bad clunky shift. otherwise it looks FANTASTIC!

oh, yeah, and it also shows that CI-4 15w40 continues to kick A S S no matter where you stand on the planet!!!

i would recommend running that oil until your 95th birthday. then *maybe* trade bikes!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Qwiky
Good work. What sort of load do you put on that motor?

Who did the oil testing?

Qwiky hi, motor is used gently most of the time @ 3000 - 4000 rpm, on mostly open country road. Occasionally the beast is unleashed and blasted, but never redlining.

http://www.techenomics.net/oil-analysis.html did the analysis 30.25$ + 6.50$ postage...about double what our brothers in the USA would pay.

Sunruh thanks for the comments mate, was wondering if the level of Sillicon could be attributed to the K & N air filter ? I am going to wash it and re-oil it this weekend.

Cheers from Vmaxer

Last edited:
K&N, there's your answer. If you do another oil test try a stock filter. You are putting good oil in your bike, I suggest putting a good filter in there as well, go OEM.

You see I found the Delvac 1300 equivalent in Oz. I am sure it is Delvac MX ESP. I am currently using Delo 400 CI-4+

EDIT: I'll bet the aluminium and maybe the iron comes down with an OEM air filter. Make sure they're flat when you get it. I've noticed the ones for my GSX-R are a little curved. I put the heat gun on them and made them flat in a makeshift jig.

Last edited:
vmaxer,
as qwiky said, BINGO on the K&N. do as he suggested and run the oem air filter. and keep using that oil. you have a real winner there for your bike!

delo ci-4+ should give pretty great results also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back