MMO and TCW3 Used Together ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concerning the under hood device:
I had an oiler with my Judsen Supercharger on my old VW bug.
It can be useful.
But for normal top end engine oiling, just put your sauce in the gas tank.

Like BigMike and others , I'm finding a 2:1 ratio of MMO to TCW3 ( 4oz. MMO to 2oz. TCW3) per 10 gallons a good starting point . In some vehicles you may see better results if adjusting the same 2:1 ratio down a bit to 3oz. MMO to 1oz. TCW3 per 10 gallons .

Originally Posted By: unDummy
Just don't overdose. I tend to mix myself. A pint of MMO, a pint of 2-stroke, couple ounces of biodiesel, shake and dose 1-ounce to each 4-6 gallons. Lucas UCL and Stabil bottles are great for refilling. Makes measurements easy.

Ive really overdosed mine

what can be expected from an overdose, isnt this the "shock treatment" ive read about ?

i have 20% MMO in there

Originally Posted By: SuperFast
Originally Posted By: unDummy
Just don't overdose. I tend to mix myself. A pint of MMO, a pint of 2-stroke, couple ounces of biodiesel, shake and dose 1-ounce to each 4-6 gallons. Lucas UCL and Stabil bottles are great for refilling. Makes measurements easy.

Ive really overdosed mine

what can be expected from an overdose, isnt this the "shock treatment" ive read about ?

i have 20% MMO in there

I'd check the spark plugs, they may be white from superheated cleaning???

That or at least go ahead and replace your fuel filter. After so much cleaning, you may as well.

Here is a quick conversion tool for gas to MMO , TCW3 ratio -> http://www.csgnetwork.com/oilfuelcalc.html . Recommended MMO ratio to 10 gallons of gas is : 320:1 , for TCW3 and 10 gallons of gas the ratio is 640:1 . These are starting points and are about as low a ratio as I go . For instance , my Kia Sedona with a big V-6 can take standard doses with ease , my Buick V-6 and 4 cylender Hyundai do much better with higher ratios (less MMO & TCW3 added ) such as 426:1 for MMO or 853:1 for TCW3 per 10 gallons of gas . These ratios cut back 1 oz. per 10 gallons for the MMO and 0.5oz. for the TCW3 which represented (in my case the best sweet spot for best MPG without over dose . * Lastly , I'm trying a ratio of 4 oz. of MMO and 2 oz. of TCW3 per 10 gallons of gas (640:1 ratio) but currently not doing as well (lower M.P.G.'s) as TCW3 alone at 640:1 ratio in my 4 cylinder Hyundai. I'll have to adjust ratio upward and see if I can find the sweet spot ...

I was in Target and they have a clearance going on for motor oils. I came across 2 quarts of Pennzoil TC-W3 marked down to $2.40 to add to my stash. It's not the synthetic blend for Marine TC-W3 that I normally use. But another fine quality for 2 stroke engines that was on clearance. It will still do the job as a fine UCL.

If your near a Target store check it out. I got the last 2 quarts at my local Target but I have a feeling this clearance on SOPUS products is Nationwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back