Non-Energy conserving 10W30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody make an oil like this? I was reading over the manual for my 848 and says it's okay to use this. Since I don't track, abuse my bike, or drive for long periods I figured this will be my optimum choice.

So if you know of any oils that meet this please let me know.

Rotella 10W-30.

Honda Genuine Motorcycle 10W-30

Amsoil Motorcycle 10W-30

Or just run Rotella 5W-40

49.gif

John Deere Turf Guard 10w-30, MTD 10w-30, etc at your locale Home Centre for decent HD oils at reasonable cost (when on sale at least). Look for a low volatility oil (SJ.

Last time I was at WM....the ST "High Mileage" they had on their shelf (with the SN qualification) was NOT energy conserving.

But yea, you may be stuck between a rock and a hard place here since many oil manufacturers are being pressured by the gov't to make their products more "resource friendly"..I know the Castrol HD30 is NOT energy conserving
smile.gif
But that may be too thick for your application....

Maxlife is not energy conserving, but with how cheap you can get a good 10-30 HDEO, why even bother with a PCMO? The anti wear pack is so much better on a HDEO.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Maxlife is not energy conserving, but with how cheap you can get a good 10-30 HDEO, why even bother with a PCMO? The anti wear pack is so much better on a HDEO.

Actually the last Max Life (10W40) that I ran had more Calcium and Zinc than the Rotella 10W30 that I just tested. I was impressed with how well the Max Life did with an 8,000 mile OCI.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back