Over sized for PF1218?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching and found one from WIX(51794)and NAPA(1794) but no ADBV i believe it doesn't list it,and i need it because my Chevy 4x4 has the horizontal mounted filter anyone know of a OS for this? like to be able to get 8 even qts in it.

thread size is 13/16-16

how many quarts does it hold now?

My car specs 5.5qts but I put in 6qts and it is just a touch over the full mark.

It holds 7, i want bigger so i can get two 4 qt jugs in her instead of messing around with partials plus i want the extra capacity.

Do what I do with one of mine that won't quite hold a five quart jug.....pour off the amount that is over into a quart bottle first. Then pour that in while you've still got the drain pan under it and let it wash out a little extra [censored] from the bottom of the pan. Install plug, pour in the rest of the oil. Or just start pouring the leftover quart into one community jug and get a "free" jug every four oil changes.

Other than that, there's the AC PF632 which is a two quart filter if you can find it. It was originally for the 366 and 427 tall deck HD truck engines but fits whatever a 1218 will fit. I haven't been very impressed with the filters AC has been putting out lately though. That one cross references with the following:
Motorcraft FL308 (used to be Purolator Premium case w/ Pure One element)
Wix 51794
NAPA 1794

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Steiner
Do what I do with one of mine that won't quite hold a five quart jug.....pour off the amount that is over into a quart bottle first. Then pour that in while you've still got the drain pan under it and let it wash out a little extra [censored] from the bottom of the pan. Install plug, pour in the rest of the oil. Or just start pouring the leftover quart into one community jug and get a "free" jug every four oil changes.

Other than that, there's the AC PF632 which is a two quart filter if you can find it. It was originally for the 366 and 427 tall deck HD truck engines but fits whatever a 1218 will fit. I haven't been very impressed with the filters AC has been putting out lately though. That one cross references with the following:
Motorcraft FL308 (used to be Purolator Premium case w/ Pure One element)
Wix 51794
NAPA 1794

Thanks but that Wix and NAPA filter # has no ADBV or yea i'd work for me. I NEED that as my filter lays horizontal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back