Who makes Toyota and Acura batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I should have asked is this. Who makes the REPLACEMENT batteries for Toyoyta (Lexus) and Acura (Honda)? I kept wondering why you were telling me what was in, came in your current cars. I'm trying to decide should I stay with OEM or not.

Originally Posted By: Gebo
What I should have asked is this. Who makes the REPLACEMENT batteries for Toyoyta (Lexus) and Acura (Honda)? I kept wondering why you were telling me what was in, came in your current cars. I'm trying to decide should I stay with OEM or not.

Johnson Controls has a consumer website, AutoBatteries.com , which has some info about the Acura and Toyota OEM and replacement batteries they make. There is also a battery selector to find exact part numbers for specific vehicles.

Originally Posted By: nthach
mostly JCI but Toyota also uses GNB/Exide as well.

GNB has been part of Exide for long enough that they no longer exist as a separate identity.

The replacement batteries are made by Johnson Controls. If Exide makes any of the replacement batteries, I've never seen them.

Originally Posted By: D189379
I just replaced my Acura battery after less than 3 years. Not sure why anyone would want to buy a new one.

Maybe you should have purchased the 100 month one.
eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back