$5.00 a gallon gas by 2012 article

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way gas prices are rising in California I predict it hit $5 bucks per gallon by June of this year unless the Federal government does something to give us relief.

I say we begin to relax allot of our taxes to supplement. Most of the price of gas goes towards taxes anyway. I can do with a little more smog in lieu of better gas prices!!!

i have two grocery stores, bank,and most things i need, all with in 4 miles. and a great 3 wheel bicycle to get me there.

Originally Posted By: morris
i have two grocery stores, bank,and most things i need, all with in 4 miles. and a great 3 wheel bicycle to get me there.

We normally ride our bicycles on average of 6 days a week. Have a huge grocery, bank, and drug store just a little over a mile away.

I look for $4.00 + a gallon by summer driving. Even higher in some parts of the country.

When gas surged in prices last go round, I started riding my motorcycle more to work. By the time it hit $4/gallon, I had added my bicycle to my commute for 2 days/week (I only live 2 miles from work).

This time around I have prepared in advance. Traded in our V6 Accord for a Toyota Prius.... 50mpg was sounding just too good compared to the 25mpg we got on average with the Accord. I'm not looking foward to $4 or $5/gallon gas, but I probably won't be yelling the loudest, either.... my Hummer driving co-workers usually claim that title.

Originally Posted By: ChuckBerry
I think most people were permanently scared by the last gas price run up...and I think most people are much better prepared now for any increases. People aren't driving as much as they used to...

People are driving just as much here in Miami no matter what the price...Unless you live and work in Miami Beach [where mass transit is half way decent] you drive the same no matter what the price is because there is no other way to get around for the most part.

As far as 5 bucks a gallon by 2012 I think that is alot of bull.

Originally Posted By: VicL
I'm not looking foward to $4 or $5/gallon gas, but I probably won't be yelling the loudest, either.... my Hummer driving co-workers usually claim that title.

Same here...

No one in my family is allowed to complain about fuel prices as long as they're 2X the price in Europe. If my math is correct, I figure about $7.42/gallon in the UK today.
Of course, their octane is better, I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back