Finding Wipers for 3rd Gen Honda CR-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought RainX Latitude Wiper Blades for my '09 CR-V because I loved them so much on my Element. I bought them on Amazon a couple months ago. I got the sizes that the RainX site said to get 26" and 17".

So I went ahead and changed them the other day because the factory ones were getting bad. I put them on that they seemed to fit well. When I was out on the highway, it started to snow. When I turned the wipers on I come to find out they don't meet with the windshield correctly! The driver side one leaves the complete middle untouched and the passenger side also leaves plenty untouched.

So I took them off as soon as I got home, because I could barely see to make it home. Now after the next snow my original wipers are now both leaving the same areas untouched now.

What should I do? Should I go and just have Honda replace them with new inserts, like I do with the rear? Or are there better replacement blades I could get?

It just makes me mad because I bought those RainX wipers and they don't work and I can't return them now!
frown.gif

I just recently went with the RainX Latitude beam style and was thinking that if they didn't work for me, I had thoughts of trying the Rain-X Weather-Beater. A few fellas at work were saying how well they liked them, but the Latitude worked for me.
I had the NAPA Exact-Fit (Trico) wipers and they only did a clean wipe at the pressure points from the start - go figure.

Sounds like you may have bent or tweaked the wiper arms while installing the new blades. Why else would the old ones now cause the same issue as the new ones? I would try to slightly bend the arm in towards the windshield to allow the blasdes to touch more firmly.

I usually get them from the dealer for my '08, I thought the last refills I bought were around $12 for the fronts and rear. Check that the fingers ended up in the right groove on the refills though; I have found they can get cockeyed, especially on the rear.

My Honda Fit comes with the beam type from the factory and have been using the inserts with great success. I tried the Innovision from Trico but they were very grabby and flew off while I was driving. I order them online from Bernardi because wipers and inserts are reasoably priced. Also I find that the OE wipers are custom made, the attachment point is not in the center. The aftermarket blades might be same size,but the performance is way off,because they are in the center of the blade.

Ok thanks. I just called the Honda dealer and I'm getting the new wiper inserts on Thursday morning along with a tire rotation.

Thanks

Originally Posted By: radtech91
Ok thanks. I just called the Honda dealer and I'm getting the new wiper inserts on Thursday morning along with a tire rotation.

Thanks

Not for nothing but, did you remove the plastic blade edge protective covers that come on the Rain-X blades?

Yeah that's the first thing I removed after they were out of the of the package. lol

Too bad they didn't work on your CR-V. I have them on 3 vehicles and love'em!
I don't expect everything works the same on every vehicle. If that were the case, there would be no competition.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Originally Posted By: radtech91

Thanks

Not for nothing but, did you remove the plastic blade edge protective covers that come on the Rain-X blades?

I bought my dad a set of Latitude wipers for Xmas a few years ago. He ran them for a long while with the guards in place until they blew off one rainy day.

If you knew my Dad, this is SOP.
crackmeup2.gif

Well got back from Honda this morning. Cost $20 all together but now my wipers are perfect once again. Looks like I'll be sticking with OEM from now on. lol

You can't beat a total of $20.00. My Latitude's/Repel's averaged out at about $12-$13 each(after rebates/discounts) which I thought was pretty good. 1st, they were on sale, 2nd, I used AAP or PB's in store coupons and 3rd, then there was a $20.00 Rain-X rebate when buying 2. But the prices for these Lat's/Repel's are quite high in the autoparts stores. If you just walk in and buy 2 blades, you could end up paying $50 + tax depending on your sizes. Walmart* carries them in all sizes everyday for, IIRC, $17.99...doesn't matter what size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back