magnefine filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bmwjohn
I got a few from Rockauto on clearance, just FYI.

Remember, some renamed Magnefine's are actually remanufactured filters.

Originally Posted By: o2man98

Never heard of this. More details please?

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
Originally Posted By: o2man98

Never heard of this. More details please?

Just do some Google searches for A1 Cardone 20-FLT3.

Thanks! Well, well, well.. you learn something new every day. Cardone was offering the STX inline filter last I checked. I wonder if Boss Products (the company that manufactures the Magnefine) knows they are being remanned. I wonder what filter they are using to replace the original?

I have it on good authority, namely a highly placed person at Boss Products, the company that manufactures the Magnefine, that the filters we are discussing are NOT remanufactured. They are sold in bulk to Cardone, who rebadges then and sells them with their reman PS boxes and pumps. He is astounded that they are being sold so cheaply.

Wix makes one also (Wix magnetic in line filter). O'Reilly's sells them for $17.99.

The Wix inline I saw was a rebadged unit made by STX/Filtran, which I believe is the same one sold by A1 Transmissions. It's very similar to the Magnefine in almost every respect. In fact, there was some minor legal wrangling between Boss and STX back in the '90s but I don't know the details.

58964 is the wix number for their 5/16" filter. I have one on the shelf waiting to be installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back