Napa Gold (white colour) (still made by Wix??)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcy

OK, so I've used Napa Gold before, and the can was black, fancy graphics and the ADBV was bright orange (silicone, right).

Today I picked up a Napa Gold - part #7060 for my wife's 2010 Equinox, and it's white, doesn't say Gold anywhere on it, and the ADBV is black. The website states that this filter has a silicon ADBV (and it shows a white filter with black ADBV just like the one I have in my hands right now).

Can silicone ADBVs be black? Has Napa switched from Wix for their filters, or is just a new (and likely cheaper paint job). The bypass valve is still mounted at the open end of the filter.

When I check the Wix website for the filter for the Equinox, it also shows a white filter, black ADBV etc.

No haven't changed still black and with the silicone ADBV,you may have gotten a pro select by accident,return it if you need to.

whats part number?

older stock wix and current ag/industrial filters are white... But I think even the old stock still said napa gold on it tho didn't it?

Could be old stock or maybe Wix is going back to white? The black ADBV is odd but it could still be silicone, they can make it any color they want. It would be a different part # if you got a pro select. If it is the right part# then it is probably correct.

The part number is 7060 and that is stamped on the filter. The NAPA website shows 7060 as Gold and 27060 as Select. When I click on the 7060 link on the Napa website, it takes me to a page showing a white filter with black ADBV.

Interstingly, the WIX website shows a 57060 as the part number and also has a picture of white can with black ADBV.

Last edited:
The Napa Gold for my Jeep Cherokee (uses metric threads - 1626 if I remember right) still is white. It never changed to the black on the other filters I've used. It was still stamped as being manufactured the same place as the black filters.

odd... is wix a big OEM supplier?

I noticed it is mostly for newer vehicles. Maybe the white is stock from a big OEM run?

Like stated above NG are white for AG and fleet use applications but most passenger vehicles i see are black with the silicone ADBV.

Quote:
Like stated above NG are white for AG and fleet use applications but most passenger vehicles i see are black with the silicone ADBV.

+1. And NAPA Gold filters for other offroad applications are white in color with the black ADBV, like for my marine diesel engine. I prefer the white for marine use because it makes it easier to write the engine hours on the filter using a sharpie.

The NG I bought for my antique (1968
grin2.gif
) Buick is white, but it has an orange ADBV and does say NAPA Gold on it.

Originally Posted By: AuthorEditor
Quote:

+1. And NAPA Gold filters for other offroad applications are white in color with the black ADBV, like for my marine diesel engine. I prefer the white for marine use because it makes it easier to write the engine hours on the filter using a sharpie.

YEA THAT DOES COME IN HANDY(dang caps)

Yeah, Kinda strange. I am holding a 7060 Napa gold in my hand as I write this and it is a white can, Just says Napa, not napa gold, but has a red silicone ADBV and a rear mounted bypass valve. The date on the bottom of the can says 09-20-10. The other Napa gold I have here is # 1036 and has the fancy black can with red silicone ADBV and threaded end bypass valve like most of us are used to seeing. The salesman at Napa told me some of the applications still use the white can and rear mounted bypass valve but will probably switch over to the new style soon.

Went ahead and changed the oil and filter in the Equinox tonight. In the end, I guess it doesn't really matter about the ADBV on the Napa, as the AC Delco filter I took off, doesn't even seem to have one - funny though, as the filter is not mounted vertically on the 6 cylinder (if it's vertical, you don't really need an ADBV, right??).

Emailed Wix (and they answered within 24 hrs - kudos to them) and this is what they said...

"Originally when this product was released it was of low volume and has since escalated significantly over the last couple of years. This product is now under review to change to the standard orange silicone ADB valve for the 57060 and 7060. I cannot give you a time when you will see the orange valve in the product, since it would be a running change with the current inventory to be depleted."

Like I said, though (I may cut this open when I get some free time) the GM filter I took off doesn't even seem to have an ADBV, so having rubber in the one I put on is actually a step forward..lol

Originally Posted By: rcy
(if it's vertical, you don't really need an ADBV, right??).

Correct not really no...

Originally Posted By: rcy
Emailed Wix (and they answered within 24 hrs - kudos to them) and this is what they said...

"Originally when this product was released it was of low volume and has since escalated significantly over the last couple of years. This product is now under review to change to the standard orange silicone ADB valve for the 57060 and 7060. I cannot give you a time when you will see the orange valve in the product, since it would be a running change with the current inventory to be depleted."

Nice reply from Wix. All of the NAPA 7060s I have are white. So are all of the newer Wix 57060s that I have. Still made by Wix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back