BMW Fuel Injection & Induction Cleaner Concentrate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone familiar with BMW Fuel Injection & Induction Cleaner Concentrate with Techron Technology? I bought it on ebay for a few bucks but have not used it yet. I have a carfood dot net cleaner BMW cleaner on ebay feeder bottle and do my own fuel induction service. It looks promising. The back of the bottle states highly concentrated, for induction use only, not to be added to gas tank.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/bmw-fuel-...sQ5fAccessories

Originally Posted By: clutchless
Anyone familiar with BMW Fuel Injection & Induction Cleaner Concentrate with Techron Technology? I bought it on ebay for a few bucks but have not used it yet. I have a carfood dot net cleaner BMW cleaner on ebay feeder bottle and do my own fuel induction service. It looks promising. The back of the bottle states highly concentrated, for induction use only, not to be added to gas tank.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/bmw-fuel-...sQ5fAccessories

We use that at the dealer and it is very good stuff. It can be used as a induction system cleaner and a fuel injection cleaner. Either way you have to mix it with gasoline. 150ml of cleaner to 400ml of gasoline. It sells for $25 and you get 3 uses out of each can so I think you got a excellent deal.

Thanks for the usage tip Stuntboy. I was just stocking up on cleaners via the eBay deal. I have a MINI Cooper S and 08 Lexus ES350, both direct injection and I run an induction cleaning before each oil change as a preventive measure. The direct injection motors are much more prone to carbon build up than older design motors. The MINI is notorious for carbon build up problems. A cleaning or two and the engine quiets right down and runs much better.

Just remember to do it post turbo. I tap in on the right side where the plastic tubing meets the rubber tubing. That definetly sounds like a good idea that you are doing that to keep the intake valves clean. Also make sure your car has the updated 515 timing chain tensioner,especially if your motor rattles when cold.

I had the timing chain and tensioner etc replaced last Summer under warranty. I have been doing it via the passenger side hose that comes off the motor, it is where plastic meets rubber. Are we talking about the same hose? That is the hose recommended by those on the North American Motoring Mini owners site. It appears to work well. I know there is another on the drivers side.

Yep,that is the correct hose
smile.gif

When you do the service with the mixed BMW product, do you have the fuel line disconnected so the vehicle only runs on the product? I ask because when I feed it thru the PCV hose with the www.carfood.net feeder bottle, the car is idling normally while the cleaner is introduced slowly.

How long do you let the shut down engine sit before restarting after the procedure? Thanks.

I heard rumors that BMW's concoction was nothing more than Techron. If it is Techron technology you know it's not a fake. Techron is real stuff and has been noted to do wonderful thoings to keep the engines innerds clean.

Durango

Have a 2010 Chevy with DFI. I asked the service manager about fuel injector cleaner and he said, "use the injector cleaners in the metal cans, they use metal for a reason"......Well, I know SeaFoam is in a metal can, but dang, only have 6K on the car and nowhere near the FI cleaner point, however, he stumped me with the "metal can" comment. Have used Regane in the past in other FI only cars but this is my first DFI vehicle. Is the DFI system different than the FI system as far as design and operation? And what cleaner would someone recommend and at what mileage? Thanks in advance.

DI is very different as little or no fuel flows over the intake valves. Thus, an induction cleaning thru the PCV line or other vacuum line or maybe pressurized thru the intake as on a prior thread, is needed to get cleaner chemicals to the back of the intake valves. I think is comment on metal cans is ill informed. Seafoam has less effective cleaners than many products in plastic bottles, such as Gumout Regane, Techron, Red Line Fuel System Cleaner, the stuff from RLI. There are plastics that can withstand these chemicals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back