Amsoil OE "Original Equipment" Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
API SN/ ILSAC GF-5 Group III synthetic Oils..5w20, 5w30, 10w30

About 4 dollars a quart wholesale and 5.50 retail. The main hurdle to jump is shipping cost. I like the idea and assume it is a Lubrizol additive package group III synthetic oil for the API rating and associated donut icon.

If my local Napa can sell this oil off the shelf at 5 bucks and some change I could be interested. Now other products such as any of the other competition prices hover around 5 dollars per quart off the shelf.

Any other interested folks?

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Why do you assume Lubrizol, are you sure they're the one who make's the addy package for Amsoil?

I believe ([censored]-whom) they still use Lubrizol as it's additive package for their donut/api approved formula's?

I am going to order some and give it a try, looks like a good product, $4.20qt perferred customer, shipping to your door has many benefits such as as no gas or time spent picking up your oil.
Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
API SN/ ILSAC GF-5 Group III synthetic Oils..5w20, 5w30, 10w30

About 4 dollars a quart wholesale and 5.50 retail. The main hurdle to jump is shipping cost. I like the idea and assume it is a Lubrizol additive package group III synthetic oil for the API rating and associated donut icon.

If my local Napa can sell this oil off the shelf at 5 bucks and some change I could be interested. Now other products such as any of the other competition prices hover around 5 dollars per quart off the shelf.

Any other interested folks?

Nah

+2
and what is up with the Amsoil thread bombardment that we've had to endure for the past month. Everyday there's like 2 or 3 new ones.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Capa
Nah

+2
and what is up with the Amsoil thread bombardment that we've had to endure for the past month. Everyday there's like 2 or 3 new ones.

Ummm...this is an oil site...what are we supposed to be talking about? It's discussed here...heck you can even buy it here from the dealers on this site...lol

I guess he missed the GC wave. Lasted years. Not too long ago Ultra threads were blowing the seams out.

Any other oils poo-poo'd before UOA #1? Didn't think so.

Anyway - I just did a quick count of mentions in the first 50 or so threads in the PCMO section, in the OP (or 1st, 2nd or 3rd response) or header:

In no particular order:

Redline 4
Pennzoil 11
Amsoil 4
Castrol 6
Mobil 13
Valvoline 4
Eneos 1
Havoline 1
Shell 6
Motorcraft 3
RP 2
QS 2

Hardly overrun with Amsoil threads.

I was there for the PP wave, even though that was more of a tidal wave that went on for months and months. The Ultra threads tended to be more negative. People complained about the price and its value in comparison to PP and we got like 30 "they're pulling Ultra from my local Wal-mart" threads. I realize it's an oil site but the number of Amsoil threads seems to have spiked recently in comparison to what I've seen the last couple of months. Perhaps it's an Amsoil wave but I just hope that it isn't one propelled by unknown Amsoil sales reps.

You know, if I can find this local (not having an Amsoil account) this becomes a quite competitively priced synthetic oil. And my guess it that it is rather comparable to the old Amsoil base line XL oils.

Originally Posted By: HollowEyes
You know, if I can find this local (not having an Amsoil account) this becomes a quite competitively priced synthetic oil. And my guess it that it is rather comparable to the old Amsoil base line XL oils.

Have you tried to find it local?? There's a dealer search function on the website and it'll tell ya the closest dealer to you. Some stock, some don't, some have huge inventories in their garage. Try it out, may find what you're looking for.

I was there for the PP wave, even though that was more of a tidal wave that went on for months and months. The Ultra threads tended to be more negative. People complained about the price and its value in comparison to PP and we got like 30 "they're pulling Ultra from my local Wal-mart" threads. I realize it's an oil site but the number of Amsoil threads seems to have spiked recently in comparison to what I've seen the last couple of months. Perhaps it's an Amsoil wave but I just hope that it isn't one propelled by unknown Amsoil sales reps.

It's common to see on BITOG that new products tend to generate thread(s) regardless of brand. And many of us have seen the new changes at Amsoil in recent months.

Being a motor oil forum, some like to discus it, some like to bash it, and some are indifferent as goes with anything else in an Internet forum.

We can only hope that the mods will step in and make BITOG a Pennzoil and Mobil 1 only discussion forum.

As far as the price on Amsoil OE (SN/GF-5) goes, I've seen it locally for less than $26 for 5 quarts (NO SHIPPING - INCLUDING TAX - NO PC FEE) That's less than a 5qt. jug of Mobil 1 -(Only available in SM/GF-4) at my Wal-Mart . Amsoil Dealers are known for running sales too...

Nah

+2

I think it's a new product with a great deal of promise.It is priced in line with off the shelf syn oils and seems to be able to make the 12mth/10k oci,i feel Amsoil is a high quality product and warrants some due spotlight time on ocassion.

Originally Posted By: CompSyn

As far as the price on Amsoil OE (SN/GF-5) goes, I've seen it locally for less than $26 for 5 quarts (NO SHIPPING - INCLUDING TAX - NO PC FEE) That's less than a 5qt. jug of Mobil 1 -(Only available in SM/GF-4) at my Wal-Mart . Amsoil Dealers are known for running sales too...

Seems like a fair price, lets see how it does in the UOA reports and with member feedback. I'd still have to pay PC fee and shipping, so its not in the cards for me.

I see no point in using this oil when better oils can be had for the same or less money.

Nah

+2

It comes in streeks it's Mobil 1 then Amsoil etc...

A lot of people like supporting Amsoil because they are a small private company, which is understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back