Entourage beam pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted in another thread about the projector low beams on my new Entourage having a rather unusual low beam pattern. It's got both the Z-Beam "step" in the center of the beam as well as an E-code up-sweep to the right. I've seen projectors that have one or the other but never both. Typically, the up-sweep on an E-Code project starts at the center of the beam patter where the step is on mine.

beam_pattern.jpg

seems like a fairly decent pattern, but how do they perform in the road? Ive never seen a better beam than the standard setup on my saab...

Originally Posted By: beast3300
Interesting, but I literally have no idea what I'm looking at.
27.gif

You're looking at a photo of the headlights of my Entourage shining on wall at about 25 feet.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
seems like a fairly decent pattern, but how do they perform in the road? Ive never seen a better beam than the standard setup on my saab...

Best standard headlights of any car I've ever had.

My Sonata is the same way. I assume they are like that so on the left it doesnt effect oncoming drivers, while putting a little more light off to the right. At least from what I've noticed.

Originally Posted By: BigBuck
My Sonata is the same way. I assume they are like that so on the left it doesnt effect oncoming drivers, while putting a little more light off to the right. At least from what I've noticed.

That's correct. A standard E-code beam pattern has a very sharp and low cutoff on the left so oncoming traffic is not dazzled, while the right side of the beam pattern flares upward to illuminate further down the road on the right.

A Z-Beam pattern has a slight step upward at the center of the beam so that you've got a very sharp cut off on both the left and the right, but the right side is just a bit higher.

Here is the classic E-Code beam pattern:

20112d1045958789-hid-beam-pattern-problem-headlights-garage-resized.jpg

Here is the classic Z-Beam pattern that you typically encounter on American spec projector headlights:

cutoff.JPG

The pattern on my Entourage is a hybrid of both patterns:

beam_pattern.jpg

Originally Posted By: BigBuck

I was wondering about that myself. I just noticed that my 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe has a __ /--- pattern to the OEM headlamp beam. It's a great vehicle for night time vision. I almost never have to hit the brights.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back