Floor Jacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have three aluminum Harbor Freight floor jacks and they have worked good for over two years now. The materials and workmanship look pretty good. Their higher end floor jacks are a good value IMO.

Last edited:
I have the 3 ton HF jack and I think its that cat's [censored] for the $65 I paid for it. When it does start leaking I will rebuild it. Hopefully I will find a nice hein werner by then and keep the HF as back up.

The Hein Werner looks like a really nice jack. I was considering one when shopping for a jack last winter, but it was just more jack than I wanted. You can download a PDF of the instruction manual from their web site. I ended up getting a little portable Torin jack that has exceptionally low ground clearance. I only use a jack every couple / few months so it should last.

WalMart sells a Black Jack 3 ton 3.3-17.7 inch professional quality HEAVY DUTY floor jack in SOME (not all) of their stores. It is a twist the handle type to lock/unlock. It is around $60.

You won't be carrying this one (too heavy), but it rolls nice. Even has a grease fitting on the main lift bearing.

I too have a $20 floor jack that has lasted years for smaller jobs. But I also went through a cheaper "china" jack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back