best waterproof grease for long term?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

Just tackling local summer fixups around here and I need to apply grease to hardware left out in the elements? exposed to snow, roadsalt etc. i want something that is really waterproof!? tired of having to clean up after winter rust etc etc on hinges and tuff.....any info.......:)

Schaeffer's #274 is what I use, it handles the low temps that #238 just can't. It also protects almost as well as it.

I used to use the Amsoil Waterproof stuff, but I had issues with it bleeding/washing out, and for the price I have to pay the Schaeffer's is just simply a better product.

Schaeffers 274,238 or the 221,229 all are extremely waterproof. You are right Gamefoo21, the 274 is a better all-climate grease.

I use a PWC on Chesapeake Bay and Delaware Bay - I like the 14 oz. tubes of Pennzoil Marine grease. It's eay to find at the local boating shops. It's a calcium sulfonate complex grease.

I wish they would offer that in a 1 pound tub though, for those jobs where it's easier to not use a grease gun.

For (those) jobs I like Mystik High Performance Marine grease, it's very tacky, blue anhydrous calcium grease.

Green Grease is available at your FLAPS (iirc, spotted both at AZ & AAP) and is very tenacious & waterproof. Any marine-grade grease would also work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back