Rotella T, T5, T6, or Delo 400, and Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T = Conventional, 15W-40
T5 = Semi Synth
T6 = Full (?)

Delo 400 = $12 5 quarts at WalMart, and someone says Leaks less.

Thoughts?

And yes, im asking for Cars. They like the HDEOs. And if no leaks, the deal is sold..

Originally Posted By: HangerHarley
Thoughts?

Another thread on which HDEO... are you sure you're not JCCADILLACMOBILE?

Originally Posted By: scurvy
Originally Posted By: HangerHarley
Thoughts?

Another thread on which HDEO? Are you sure you're not JCCADILLACMOBILE?

Umm, definitely sure.

Research is what im all about.

Chevron Delo is VERY good oil, so if I had easy access to that, it's most likely what I'd use.

However, IF you are in a place where you need cold flow/pump for the winter, I'd go with Rotella T6 5W-40. It's relatively inexpensive for a synth of it's quality.

If you can always get the Chev at Wallyworld then you're good.

Cheap oil with extremely good performance. A rare combo.

For some reason my store has a poorly stocked oil dept. We've yet to even SEE PU here!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 5sfe91
Whats your climate like? What part of the USA?

This time, it would be colder. I moved up north, and some other BITOGers live in Upstate NY around Ithaca as well (Thats North of Albany and Utica) so the Grade and Synthetic/Conv. would be different than what i was used to, in the more Middle parts of the Country.

So far, so good. Im an avid researcher. DOnt mean to offend anyone.
54.gif

Yesterday I bought 4 gallon jugs at Walmart 8.50 per gallon I was considering T5 but at $16.00 per gallon !!! I have used the old? Shell syn 5w-40 pre T6 and it was Great.

Originally Posted By: lancerplayer
Off topic, but I have a quick question...

Is Delo 400 15w40 safe for wet clutches?

look it up.. see if its jaso ma approved

Lack of JASO MA approval does not mean that it is not safe for wet clutches. I've used several brands of HDEOs on motorcycles, and almost none of them had the JASO stamp of approval.

I have a Saturn , and yes is a oil burner , but if i use diesel oil the oil consumption is very low compare to gas car oil , so my question is , which brand of diesel oil will not damage my catalyst ?
thank for your time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back