interesting arx claim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sprintman
Appears most here have no idea what chemo does to people, but I'm not surprised.

I've seen lots of it. It tends to bring out a persons true character. Some show amazing grace, some get nasty.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Quote:
Even during the "can do no wrong" heyday of ARX here, it was constantly stipulated that it wasn't the tool for varnish and was not effective against varnish or staining.

It works great for places under forced circulation. It's of variable results where the porosity of the aluminum makes it difficult to clean. I've show image after image of BRIGHT aluminum where it was obvious that the stuff had worked and where it had yet to work.

Gary: I was actually referring to the general recommendations here (at the time) to use LC20 if you were focusing on a varnish problem and ARX for anything else. It was years later that discussions turned to ARX not working well on aluminum.

I should have mentioned in my ARX results post above:

My BMW 528 w/ M52 engine - iron block, aluminum head.

My dad's BMW 540 w/M62TU engine - aluminum block, aluminum head.

While I wish him no ill will, I'd be surprised if Frank was on chemo for 6 years now. He's been angering a lot of people for a long time which isn't going to help the public perception of his product. No matter how diplomatic or product neutral any of my interactions were, public or private, he still seemed to get combative and didn't actually read the text of my messages. Instead it seemed like he read a few select phrases, lumped me into one of his "just another basher" categories and reacted. I should not be made to feel like I'm walking on eggshells when asking for commercial product support even if the owner/creator/patent holder's health is not good. My cable company doesn't get to treat me like [censored] because the president's dog died the night before and I shouldn't have to apologize for having a question. He's running a business, even if it is a one man show.

My last interaction with him was about my observations that GC isolated ARX into a big floating golf-ball sized glob when I used it to rinse the measuring cup I used to dispense a maint dose of ARX. It wasn't an attack and it still went south. I gave up and have just stopped communicating (and I've stopped using ARX maint dose in GC when I found cleanliness had gone down under the valve cover despite good syn oil, "short" OCIs, maint dose of ARX and Frank's eventual assurance that ARX does everything right).

I've still purchased his product since that time, and I would probably still do an ARX treatment if I got a "new" (meaning different used) vehicle. I'm a "neutral supporter" - I've seen positive results in 2 of 2 cases and feel that the product has a place.

Quote:
No matter how diplomatic or product neutral any of my interactions were, public or private, he still seemed to get combative and didn't actually read the text of my messages. Instead it seemed like he read a few select phrases, lumped me into one of his "just another basher" categories and reacted. I should not be made to feel like I'm walking on eggshells when asking for commercial product support even if the owner/creator/patent holder's health is not good.

Oh, not two ways about it, Frank was hyper defensive and reflexive in his demeanor. There's absolutely no question.

What many have turned that into is a hatred for the product.

If someone has objection or criticism of Frank's behavior, then have at it. Hitting the product that has produced more positive results than just about any other product I can think of, ..well, it's just disingenuous at best ..and outright deceptive and malevolent in it's true "unvarnished" form.

It's a more common folk visceral response that one sees in undersocialized groups. I saw it in union labor where the fence around the plant was more like one around a prison. It kept people in and, more or less, made them the riffraff that inhabited the place. If there was an open orifice that came into view, it was a cultural and class obligation to shove something in it.

Don't find yourself tied to a tree where the thief stole your clothes. (cue banjo music in a male bonding kinda way).

Quote:
Any comments? Any blindness?

When he's dead, I'll let you know so you can throw a party.

There are lots of pictures that also show ARX doing nothing.
The point about someone having chemo is irrelevant,i wish no physical ill on Frank,if the product worked as well as claimed i could care less if he had 3 heads but it hasn't worked for me.

As long as things like this keep cropping up i think any product would be and should be put under a microscope.
Offering free product for false testimonials is unethical, I have some difficulty trusting people or companies that get involved in this kind of thing.

Quote:
Re: I'm tired of hearing about Auto-Rx [Re: ericthepig]
Master ACiD Offline

Loc: sebring, florida
i tried it in my car and didnt see a vifference in the compression or the varnish on the head, so i got my money back.
but that was after frank promised me free autorx if i told everyone it was good.

I'm not calling dnewton a liar, but Frank asked someone to lie in return for his money back. dnewton got free or discounted product in turn for his testimony.

Again this statement goes to the character of the individual making the statement,
Is it just a misspeak? When dealing with a product or service from a one man show or small outfit its normal to take the character of the individual into account.
This does not look good..

Quote:
Frank Miller made this post on 3/13/08
Its post# 1105185

On 12/21/02 Frank Miller states that arx is now in Government Vehicles.
On 3/13/08 Frank Miller states that he just got his 1st order from the U.S. Federal Government.

Quantifying Auto Rx [Re: Frank]

Loc: MN Originally Posted By: Frank

We just got our first order from the US Federal Goverment, do you know of any other metal cleaner product on this board that can make this statement

I will agree with a lot that Trav says. When I found out that there was a possibility that at least one person may have received free product if he spoke highly of the product here I was very upset. And I was a strong supporter of Auto-RX.

And I wondered about the claim that Auto-RX had been accepted for use in government vehicles. The government does not approve stuff lightly. Has there ever been any actual proof that the US government actually accepted the use of Auto-RX?

Quote:
I'm not calling dnewton a liar, but Frank asked someone to lie in return for his money back. dnewton got free or discounted product in turn for his testimony.

Ah, Brent..I see.
lol.gif

This is really trash here. I did all of the dealings with Dave Newton. I paid (at discount) for the product he used. I initiated the contact with him. He had no interest in additives before I contacted him ..and he, after looking under his valve cover, had nothing to clean. It was only his compression check that discovered the two down cylinders. He thought that it was a lost cause and was figuring on some heavier repairs and thought that it would be a waste of time. He was sincerely concerned that I note waste MY time and money on the experiment. I said "Oh, go ahead, you never know".

It worked out.

I'm continually amazed at the human condition. The nobles are correct. We're straw dogs at our core.

Gary is there a problem with A-Rx and GC? As a maint dose? I still have a few bottles to use up as maint doses, or sell at the boat yard. I run mostly Synthetic oil, currently Castrol Edge.

Thanks

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I thought in a maint dose A-Rx worked with any and all oils?

It depends on the day of the month.

I actually think ARx had some good points but was grossly oversold with instructions that changed and it was always the customers fault if things didn't improve.
spankme2.gif

Well, last time I checked it says in the instructions to use oil such as conventional oil that will not interfere with the Auto-RX. So if somebody uses an oil with a lot of ester in it how do they expect for the Auto-RX to work? All they have to do is follow instructions.

Originally Posted By: XS650
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I thought in a maint dose A-Rx worked with any and all oils?

It depends on the day of the month.

Actually, AutoRx chemistry is dependent on intersections of the ancient chinese zodiac and the phase of the moon during periods of increased solar flares.

Let us meditate upon the Tao of AutoRx:

The Tao of AutoRx is beyond the physics of matter or the mind of any man - it's plane of being transcends both the physical and mental realms. It's ways are beyond comprehension and it's effects outside the scope of human senses. In order that our lives may be spared, we can only perceive it as the ashes and dust of the material world, though it's true essence is no more in the liquid or the engine than the sheep or the dinosaur from whence it emanates. If a person who was not pure of thought had the mysteries of AutoRx revealed to them, their mind would self destruct as they realized the absurdity of the time/space continuum and the ridiculous nature of the physical realm. If a pure and prepared person was to gain full understanding of the Tao of AutoRx, their physical body would be shed in a burst of brilliance and their essence would join the ether from which AutoRx draws it's timeless power.

Well boy you have been posting this same tired old rubbish for to long. It was bad the first time, it doesn't get better with subsequent repostings. Gawd it's like groundhog day!

Thanks guys, i'll pass using it as a maint dose with Synthetic oil. I'll try and sell it at the boat yard.

Send me a shipping address, and I'll send you a price. I have to see how much I have remaining
55.gif

I thought as a maint dose it was good with synthetic oil, and mixed with any synthetic oil. Had I been told otherwise I would have only bought enough for the two clean rinse cycles I did.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back