Mobil 1 or Brad Penn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using Mobil 1 15-50 for about six years and had fantastic luck. I usually buy enough oil to last all year and it's about time to start the season. I guess the reason I ask this question is because I'm hearing some good things about the Brad Penn oil and with the changing of the automotive oils I want to be sure the SM/CF is adequate for my application. I have a Puller so heat is not an issue, infact lack of oil temp. would probably be a bigger concern. Alcohol for fuel, aluminum block and rods and if memory serves .0035 clearance on the rods, no gear drive, the overhead is drilled for oil, and the oil is changed every two to three passes. Thoughts on the best oil for my application would be appreciated, thanks.

The Brad Penn Penn Grade 1 is a great oil and would save you some money over the Mobil 1 if you are changing it that often. I personally would try their 20w-50. It works really well for the drag racers and circle track guys so I don't see why it wouldn't work in your engine. Just my opinion.

Originally Posted By: Hemi426
The Brad Penn Penn Grade 1 is a great oil and would save you some money over the Mobil 1 if you are changing it that often. I personally would try their 20w-50. It works really well for the drag racers and circle track guys so I don't see why it wouldn't work in your engine. Just my opinion.

Do you have any experiance with the Brad Penn 20-50? Prior to the Mobil I used Kendall 50w, I was more pleased with the way it did not mix with the fuel. Do you know if the Brad Penn mixes with alcohol?

The new 'Penngrade 1' oils from Brad-Penn are what the old Kendall oils 'used' to be....if you liked Kendall, you will like the Brad-Penn oil.

I know a guy who runs Penn Grade 1 in his 410 ci. sprint car and don't they run on alcohol or methanol? Works for him.

The Penn Grade 1 would work fine for your application. Another good oil for this application that was made to run with exotic fuels is the Pennzoil GT Racing 25W-50.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
The new 'Penngrade 1' oils from Brad-Penn are what the old Kendall oils 'used' to be....if you liked Kendall, you will like the Brad-Penn oil.

Can you post a VOA on that Penngrade 1? I happened to have a VOA on the old Green GT-1 20W-50 Kendall I can post. I'd like to see if there is any truth to this claim.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back