Meguiars Natural Shine Protectant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on Meguiars Natural Shine Protectant? I use it on my plastic bumpers and any other stuff of plastic. What kind of protectant do you use?

I like, it doesn't leave your parts greasy like other products. Meguires anything is real good

"Meguires anything is real good"

Not necessarily true. In fact, I don't care for ANY of their finishing polishes/waxes/sealants. Their Ultimate Compound and Scratch-X are very good products, but Zaino, Duragloss, and Classe make much better looking and longer lasting finishing products.

Originally Posted By: grampi

Not necessarily true. In fact, I don't care for ANY of their finishing polishes/waxes/sealants. Their Ultimate Compound and Scratch-X are very good products, but Zaino, Duragloss, and Classe make much better looking and longer lasting finishing products.
Just because someone doesn't care for them doesn't make them not good. Environmental conditions make it impossible to guarantee or predict that one brand wax will last longer than another. I've had Meguiar's waxes last longer than others. I know people who have had Klasse only last a month. As for looks, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." To each their own. :)

Amen
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: DieselTech
Meguires anything is real good

Actually there was a recent thread on Autopia as to which products were most disappointing - and Meguiars was prominently mentioned.

Originally Posted By: gizzsdad
Originally Posted By: DieselTech
Meguires anything is real good

Actually there was a recent thread on Autopia as to which products were most disappointing - and Meguiars was prominently mentioned.

It was very scientific so we can conclude that Nu Finish is better since it was mentioned less.
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: mannymachine
Any thoughts on Meguiars Natural Shine Protectant? I use it on my plastic bumpers and any other stuff of plastic. What kind of protectant do you use?

For exterior trim/tires I really like NuVinyl.

http://www.nufinish.com/products_vinyl.html

For the interior, TW Ice total interior care does a good job and leaves a matte finish and a plesant new car smell.

http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,1,7

Originally Posted By: roushstage2

Just because someone doesn't care for them doesn't make them not good. Environmental conditions make it impossible to guarantee or predict that one brand wax will last longer than another. I've had Meguiar's waxes last longer than others. I know people who have had Klasse only last a month. As for looks, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." To each their own. :)

It's pretty tough to argue with side by side comparisons. I've tried several of the Meguiar's waxes along with many of the others I mentioned and the Meguiar's stuff just doesn't compare in terms of looks or durability.

Easy way to put it: Meguire's is probably the best you can buy over the counter. But not the best you can buy, period. For example, I use Griot's Garage products, which are mail order and I think better than Meguire's.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Easy way to put it: Meguire's is probably the best you can buy over the counter.

That's not even true. Duragloss can be bought over the counter and it's much better than Meguiar's.

I like Meguiars Natural Shine Protectant and their quik interior detailer. Both are way better than Armor-All in my opinion. I like the new car look they give to the dash. I was never a fan of a really glossy dash.

Originally Posted By: roushstage2

It's pretty tough to argue with side by side comparisons. I've tried several of the Meguiar's waxes along with many of the others I mentioned and the Meguiar's stuff just doesn't compare in terms of looks or durability.

Side by side in a controlled test isn't really applicable in the real world, if the test itself could even be called a controlled one following what I'm about to explain again but in more detail. Every area in the world is different, therefore the elements and climate the wax is exposed to are different, so no for sure answer can be given about what is going to last longer. If you don't believe that simple logic, "Wax X" should last just as long in New York in the winter with decently cold weather, snow, ice, sleet and salty roads and so on, as it does out here on the West coast where I live with clear skies, sunny weather and moderate temperatures because, hey, it's "Wax X" and it's supposed to last that long according to this person or company. Back to the first point, if the test was done in a place where the weather and elements are reasonably gentle on wax compared to somewhere else where they are not, you will get different results.

Side by side as far looks, you can't say every person is going to say the left looks better than the right, hands down, guaranteed, every time to prove that point either. I could put a different wax on my car every time and simply by looking at it, without begin told, ~99.9% of the people, if not 100%, would not be able to tell me exactly what wax it was simply by staring at it.

My personal experience, just to hit on your last point, is the exact opposite of yours. Am I wrong because someone did a side by side and either them or you think otherwise?

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back