I finally saw 5w30 ST synthetic at WM today

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbm

Up until today I had only seen the 10w30 in qts. and 5qt. jugs. Today they had both 5w and 10w30. The 5 qt. jug was $12.24 and the single qts. were $2.97. (I could swear they were $3.12 each the last time I was there)

Same thing here (PA/MD): I had never even seen a tag for 5w30 in five quart jugs, but now they have two dedicated shelf spots for it. Between the SuperTech dino, synth and "new" blended oils, Wallyworld appears to be marketing ST a little more aggressively.

Will wonders never cease!!!!!

I signed on to the forum to respond to a thread started last week concerning 5w-30 wally world synthetic.

My local wally world is finally stoking 5w-30 full synthetic super tech. Available in qts or 5 qt jug. They had maybe 5 jugs and 8 or 10 qts. Bought a 5 qt jug just to admire. Same price as stated above.

Also scored 3 qts Trop Artic 5w-30 syn blend.

Bad news is the wife kinda wondered back into my shop and spyed my stash. Made some sort of comment about no dang wonder their's an oil shortage.

I just got back from Wmart. They had Supertech Syn in 5w30 in the 5qt. jugs for the same price stated above. Last week the price for Mobil1 in 5qt. jugs was $26.xx they now dropped it this week to $20.xx. The ep version was still $26.xx this week. I think somebody made a re-pricing error last week.

Wish they would get the 5w30 syn here in Georgia. They can't even keep the 10w30 in stock. I have talked to the managers in three stores and their computers would not even let them stock it. They cut it out of stock about two years ago and i haven't seen it since.

"Bad news is the wife kinda wondered back into my shop and spyed my stash. Made some sort of comment about no dang wonder their's an oil shortage." ... Any time my wife comments about my really needing more oil, I ask her how many purses she really NEEDS to carry a wallet and a cell phone. That pretty mush ends the discussion.

Someone, please run a UOA on the Supertech 5W-30 synthetic.

- I'd like to see what the add pack looks like!
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Timothy Ferguson:
Wish they would get the 5w30 syn here in Georgia. They can't even keep the 10w30 in stock. I have talked to the managers in three stores and their computers would not even let them stock it. They cut it out of stock about two years ago and i haven't seen it since.

where in georgia? i haven't checked for 5w30, but the walmarts on 41/terrell mill in marietta and on ashford-dunwoody both carry synth 10w30.

Peachtree City, Newnan, Fayetteville, Union City all have told me pretty much the same story. So everytime i visit walmart which is not very often and i see some 10w30 in stock I grab it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back