Oldest Daily Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SWSportsman
Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay
Well I know it's far from the oldest but at least it's old. Here's my '96 Town Car. It's got 69,000 miles on it. I use it to test motor oil. It's my DD.

Nice looking Lincoln! I see a lot of these in my area every day, varying from pristine to worn-out looking to pimped out with 22's. Ford must have sold a huge number of them and they must be pretty durable.

Thanks! Ford definitely sold a lot of them. This is the first one I've ever owned. Every time I drive it I'm impressed with Ford's work. I love that it's big and I love that it's American.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein

My old 440 got 20mpg in a much bigger car on the highway, but the intown mileage was 10.

Couldn't have been *that* much bigger, unless it was an Imperial...
grin2.gif
70s New Yorkers were definitely heavier though.

My big mistake was going with the Magnum/Commando reproduction factory cam. Sounds/runs great, but I should have gone with a modern grind or else stuck to the factory low-performance cam. The big car with tall gearing just never uses the Magnum cam in its sweet spot. Guess I need to drive faster
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: andyd
Some nice old iron there guys. My DDs are a pair of BMWs, 1988 528es. The miles arent very spectacular, Mine has 131k and Marina's has about 125k. My previous 88 528e went 350k miles with just routine maintenance, tin worm got it. This is why I searched out another pair of them. I got into these cars because it was next to impossible to find good Dodge Darts

I had an 85 325e, same engine. Great car, went for 250 or 300K, don't know which cause the speedometer broke at 180K and my ex and I drove it around for years after that. Castrol dino 20w50 only.

Originally Posted By: Rob_Roy
Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay
Well I know it's far from the oldest but at least it's old. Here's my '96 Town Car. It's got 69,000 miles on it. I use it to test motor oil. It's my DD.

That is a VERY NICE looking Town Car, I like the color.

Thank you Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back