Mothers Reflections topcoat over caranuba?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings:

I was looking at Mothers reflections topcoat to put over my Mothers pure paste (no cleaners). How good is their reflections wax? Also how good is their reflections spray wax, would it maintain a caranuba paste wax finish, also does thier reflection spray wax contain any cleaners? I like the concept of Duragloss polish (no cleaners)and mother pure gold paste wax (no cleaners), and reflections top coat, maintained possibly by Refection advanced spray wax? What say you, thank you all in advance!

Best Regards

I think you should check out a detailing forum. No offense, but you seem somewhat confused by all your threads. You seem to be confusing things. To make things easy, why not stick with the Duragloss system? 501 or 101 + 105 (2-3 times/year) + Aquawax monthly will provide excellent results.

Why don't you like cleaners? Your paint never gets contaminated? A good cleaner &/or correction is needed 1-2 times/year or more.

Mothers Top Coat is a pure hybrid product (carnuaba/synthetic) without cleaners. It works fine over Mothers Step 3. The look more wax than sealant like.

The spray wax is a synthetic wax without any cleaners and can be used like DG AW as a topper. The spray waxes last a decent amount of time and when used regularly can extend the durability.

If anyone uses a spray detailer regularly, you might as well use a spray wax. You get as much slickness and gloss plus more durability with little extra effort for about the same or less than the super detailers.

Your proposal works fine.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
I think you should check out a detailing forum. No offense, but you seem somewhat confused by all your threads. You seem to be confusing things. To make things easy, why not stick with the Duragloss system? 501 or 101 + 105 (2-3 times/year) + Aquawax monthly will provide excellent results.

Why don't you like cleaners? Your paint never gets contaminated? A good cleaner &/or correction is needed 1-2 times/year or more.
I am just trying to establish a group of quality products, that I can use on my vehicles. I do incorporate a cleaner polish paint sealant, it is from DG. About every 6 months is about when I use it. The duragloss system is an excellent one. However, I am just trying to experiment with the pinnacle waxes, and other similar high end products via www.autogeek.net Even Zaino z8 looks good to use.I truly appreciate your input and response, and again, you are right the duragloss system is an excellent one. I like the DG 111 too!!

Best Regards

Originally Posted By: gulfstream

I am just trying to establish a group of quality products, that I can use on my vehicles. I do incorporate a cleaner polish paint sealant, it is from DG. About every 6 months is about when I use it. The duragloss system is an excellent one. However, I am just trying to experiment with the pinnacle waxes, and other similar high end products via www.autogeek.net Even Zaino z8 looks good to use.I truly appreciate your input and response, and again, you are right the duragloss system is an excellent one. I like the DG 111 too!!

Best Regards

Ahh -- sorry. Yes, once you start reading, detailing supplies are as addicting as oil. Pretty soon, you have enough products to wax your rides for 50 years. I love trying new products as well. There's so many once you get into mail order.

Quote:
I am just trying to establish a group of quality products, that I can use on my vehicles.

You are over thinking this. All you need is a TW Ice Paste, TW Ice QD spray (used to remove the TW Ice Paste as per the instructions), a clay kit, and some KIT scratch out.

Wash/Clay the car, then use the KIT scratch out to polish out the paint surface. Apply TW Ice paste, and then use the QD spray and a microfiber to buff it out.

Use Klasse All In One followed by as many coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze as your hands and wallet can stand. AIO is awesome even without using SG on top of it.

I have used AIO on every surface of my car excluding tires. Paint, wheels, glass, pebbled gray plastic trim, emblems, metal... everything. It does not stain like certain waxes can. I get very good beading even 6-8 months after applying Klasse.

I've topped Klasse with S100 Paste Wax(which is P21S with a different label) and Meguiar's #16 (no longer made). S100 is usually sold by Harley-Davidson shops.

A pure carnauba is generally the last thing you put on paint.

I'm not picky about quick detailing sprays and generally only use them to clean up bird bombs between washings. I usually use Meguiar's since it's easy to find, but I've used others with equal satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back