Is Warren going to be the next oil rage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
21.gif

The next oil rage? Not as long as trusted name brand oils continue to go on sale and or have nice fat rebates.

Originally Posted By: Big_Ed
Is this the company that makes Walmart Supertech dino and synthetic oils?

yes. they make a good portion of it.

Originally Posted By: Big_Ed
Is this the company that makes Walmart Supertech dino and synthetic oils?

I don't believe they are the same. The company that makes the Supertech is Warren Performance Products at http://www.wd-wpp.com/international.html. The Warren Unilube in this thread manufactures for Autozone and others.

Jeepman is correct. There are two Warren oils, which have no affiliation to eachother.

Warren Performance Products bottles many house brand oils. If you look at the bottom of an oil bottle and it has the stamp WPP or WNE, thats their product.

Warren Unilube/Warren Oil bottles Coastal oils, Advance Auto house brand, and Lubrigard HDEO, among others. Usually their bottle stamp looks like WU(the U looks a little funky, but readable)

Originally Posted By: Peter_Smith
im confuse

There are two compaines named Warren that bottle a lot of house brand oil, you have to look at the bottle for the logos to see who produces what. The link the OP posted is for Warren Unilube not Warrern Performance who bottles supertech as stated above.

I was at Dollar Tree recently, looking and laughing at they're generic auto fluid section. The bottles labeled "Power steering fluid", and "Brake fluid", the back of the bottle said it was a Warren product

WPP or WNE = Warren Performance Products. They are out of Nebraska.

WU = Warren Unilube. They are out of Arkansas.

I have used Supertech oils/products a long time. To my knowledge, WU has never made any ST products. Up here in New England, Supertech oil is suppled by XOM(5W30-20W50 dino) and WPP (HM, Syn, and 5W20). WPP also supples/packages other fluids as well. Prior to WPP/XOM, PZQS (Pennzoil Quaker State) supplied the oil. I still have a quart or two of their last SL formula 10W30. I think it was $.74 a quart.

Every once in a while, the XOM supply will be short (like during Katrina) and WalMart will stock the WPP 5W30-20W50 oils instead of XOM.

I have no idea what the next oil rage will be. I know for me, it was Quaker State Q-Torquepower and Horsepower. Prior to that, it was Chevron Delo 400 SAE30 HDEO($.99/gallon). Imagine an 8-10K mile OCI that costs under $3.00 with a $.95 Advance Auto filter.
It costs more to get a "Great One" size coffee from Dunkin Donuts.
19.gif

I just purchased 20 quarts of Supertech Dexron VI, so I guess I made my contribution to whoever makes it. Going to be doing a cooler line flush this weekend (hopefully).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back