Pure One date code

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello. i just purchased a couple pure ones and was wondering how old they were... the top of the can says F06A08E2. can anyone decipher, or explain to me how to decipher?

Well if they are blue they are pretty old. Yellow ones with textured paint are the newer and more efficient ones.

Both are excellent

this is a yellow one, i know the old ones were blue....
im thinking maybe june of 08, can anyone confirm?

wow! with all the knowledge on this site, no one can decipher a purolator/pure one date code??????

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Stockman
wow! with all the knowledge on this site, no one can decipher a purolator/pure one date code??????

lol.gif
I'm sorry, were you under the impression that there were legions of people here just "standing by" waiting for this question?
lol.gif

You're probably correct with the 06-08 thing. The alpha characters are probably plant and line ..the E2 may be shift.

Edit: What's it say in base 15? No letter is above F

F06A08E2

F= Fayetteville, North Carolina Plant
06= Month
A= Year 2009
08= Day of the Month
E= Line Number
2= Shift

That is the code for Purolator PureOne

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
[

lol.gif
I'm sorry, were you under the impression that there were legions of people here just "standing by" waiting for this question?
lol.gif

no, ****. thats why i gave it a couple days.... thank you mustang. so would the letter for 2010 be B?

Oh, my mistake. Did you note the "take a number for better service" sign? Tip generously, it's the true sign of distinction in a paying customer. Thank you for your most appreciated patronage of this retail establishment. We always attempt to satisfy customer "demand" for service.
grin2.gif

Thanks Mustang!!

Looks like the date code is still true today, 5+ years later!!

I'm going to print this and keep it with my filter stash, I found that I have one from 2009........

Just goes to show, you can find practically anything on this site......

I'm bringing this back up because it seems most recent date code table linked by Z06 in this thread has now been blurred out by photobucket. When pb took down pics I think another one got posted here using a different hosting site. Iirc there was a typo in the title that made hard to find in a search even on google.

Anyway, anyone got access to the table or a reprint for posting?

Originally Posted by Mustang2008Z
F06A08E2

F= Fayetteville, North Carolina Plant
06= Month
A= Year 2009
08= Day of the Month
E= Line Number
2= Shift

That is the code for Purolator PureOne

Originally Posted by Sayjac
I'm bringing this back up because it seems most recent date code table linked by Z06 in this thread has now been blurred out by photobucket. When pb took down pics I think another one got posted here using a different hosting site. Iirc there was a typo in the title that made hard to find in a search even on google.

This table is still accurate.
  • Letter (usually F) is location
  • 2 digit number is the month
  • letter is the year (A=2009, B=2010, C=2011, D=2012, E=2013, F=2014, G=2015, H=2016, J=2017, K=2018, L=2019)
  • 2 digit number is day of month
  • letter is line
  • number is shift

A filter made today (September 10, 2019) would look like F09L10F1

Appreciate the reply. And yeah, I got the 09 and beyond, it was more the pre 09 that Z06 added with the table that was of interest. A Premium Plus posted on this page yesterday and was looking for the table to help if date was posted.

Since I posted found a thread that had a P1 date code T, using table it was 2007, U is 2008. Can extrapolate backward skipping the letter I. Not sure if there was any other skip.

Yes, 09 on easy to figure.

Originally Posted by Sayjac

Here ya go.
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...81/puorlator-date-code-table#Post4474681

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back