Doing my part to promote HDEO as motorcycle oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

I changed my oil before parking the bike for the winter with the older formulation of 15w-40 Rotella. But now that the new T6 stuff has come out, I just can't wait to try it!
20.gif

I am thinking I might just change over in the spring when I pull it out of storage. Problem is, the current fill only has about 10 miles on it. Does that make me a bad person? I know its a waste but I can't wait to try the T6. Someone please make me feel better about it.
blush.gif

My ride has 26km on it since my last oil change before storage. That's about 16 miles. I filled it with Honda dino 10W-30. As soon as it's warm enough in my garage, back in goes the battery, 5 minutes of idling, and out comes the Honda oil. In goes the Rotella T6 5W-40, out comes the battery, and then I'm ready to go for the Spring riding season. We must think alike. Go for it.

Originally Posted By: dsmith41
Problem is, the current fill only has about 10 miles on it. Does that make me a bad person? I know its a waste but I can't wait to try the T6.

Don't feel bad, I only had 110 miles on the oil in my little Honda Metropolitan and had to change it out for the new Rotella T6.
04.gif
I can't say a word about what you are thinking about, I already did it.

Here's what I did, I filled my oil cans with the used oil. In only 110 miles it sure wasn't hurt and this way it won't get wasted.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dsmith41
I changed my oil before parking the bike for the winter with the older formulation of 15w-40 Rotella. But now that the new T6 stuff has come out, I just can't wait to try it!
20.gif

I am thinking I might just change over in the spring when I pull it out of storage. Problem is, the current fill only has about 10 miles on it. Does that make me a bad person? I know its a waste but I can't wait to try the T6. Someone please make me feel better about it.
blush.gif

Ride out what you have in there first. No sense in wasting some of the best oil around now is there? Unless you have another machine to put it in like a car, lawn mower, or other OPE.

I have yet to see the Triple protection in quarts. Walmart has the new 15w40(T3) in gallons and the old in quarts

At least save the old oil and put it back in when you realize you don't notice any differences.

I did that with sparkplugs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back