NPN, Full, and Denso Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found more info on this filter:

004-2.jpg

Filter comparisons on Densos

Scroll down to the bottom to view the actual comparison pics.

This is the one I have:

TOYOTA 90915-20004
Made in Japan by Denso; also marked 115010-5021
This filter is not available as a replacement item and is apparently intended only for initial filtering on a newly-manufactured engine. Supplied on new vehicles.

Depth-type filter element, 65mm O.D., 31mm I.D., with a height of 72mm. The filter element is not of uniform thickness, but is grooved to increase its outside (entry) surface area. Not similar in construction to other filters in this study.

Eight entry holes in base, thru which a red silicone rubber antidrainback (ADB) valve can be seen. Looking thru the outlet (the center hole), the center rivet and moving portion of the steel-on-steel by-pass valve can be seen at the far end.

Seating gasket is an O-ring with 70mm O.D., 64mm I.D. The O-ring is crimped in place.

The steel housing is very strong, 0.019” thick.

Last edited:
Found a way to host those pics:

THE PHOTOS

The two attached photos show what the filters look like when disassembled.

The first photo shows, left to right, a used Toyota 90915-20004 that was removed from a Tundra; a new Toyota 90915-YZZD3, which is the official replacement filter for the 2UZ-FE and 1GR-FE engines; a new Denso 150-1003; and a new FRAM PH3614.

The second photo shows a new Mobil1 M1-102, a new NAPA Gold 1348, and a new PureONE 10241

THE ONE ON THE FAR LEFT IS THE ONE I HAVE
Toyota-Denso-Fram204x6LO.jpg

Mobil1-NAPA-Pur204x6LO.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back