Bought a Pure One for the Nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Pep Boys today and bought a Pure One filter for the 2007 Nissan Frontier V-6. There was no overspray of the texture paint, as the bottom and inside of the filter were very clean. The filter itself was stamped "Made in the USA". I usually use a NAPA Gold but wanted to try a Pure One to see if there was any difference in start-up noises (always very minor). Overall the filter looks to be very well built. Number is PL14610.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tortured_Soul
I have tried a PureONE twice on my Nissan and it still makes noise.

The noise you are hearing is probably not related to the filter used. Probably some kind of mechanical issue with the engine (ie, cam chain tensioners or the variable cam timing units on the cams) - there are TSBs from Nissan on start-up noise issues.

Originally Posted By: Boomer
I Overall the filter looks to be very well built. Number is PL14610.

Should work fine for you ... others on the Nissan Altima boards have used the same PureONE PL14610 on the 3.5L V6 and report no start-up noises.

Yes, the filter extends horizontally from the front of the engine. I had used Nissan filters for a time but the last two I used were NAPA Gold and they seemed to do well. I really don't have any significant start-up noise but just general cold noise. I did find that the NAPA filter allowed the engine to go dead quiet a bit faster after startup and am just curious what the PureOne will do. I run Mobil 1 5W-30 EP (I get it on sale whenever I see it) but with warranty, I change at 5000 miles as this is what the dealer requires. Currently have almost 23,000 miles on the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back