Wix Platinum 14k mi OCI 2015 Accord Hybrid

JHZR2

Staff member
This is a Mann+Hummel Napa Platinum that I got at one of the Napa sales back when. This car has only ever seen M1 EP for 14k mile OCIs since I bought it new. I replace the filter each time.

IMG_5039.jpeg
IMG_5040.jpeg
IMG_5041.jpeg
IMG_5042.jpeg

Note that bit of glue run over

IMG_5043.jpeg
IMG_5044.jpeg

Note that bit of sludge junk in the bottom. And some that was maybe trapped under the spring. Though I think it may actually be due to the spring-case wear.

But there was some very thick junk in there. The engine is clean otherwise. It now runs HPL 0w-20.

IMG_5046.jpeg

The filter looks good & it collected some "Junk". I didn't know that WIX had some reinforced media/Mesh backing & was curious if this one did have it?

Yes they do. I’ve run these filters in a few applications. It may be a black nylon; I’m not sure it’s a coated screen.

That's great to hear! It sounds like you have a black metal screen.

I just did a BITOG search & found this one mentioning they went from a wired backing to a nylon backing. I'm going to assume that the newer ones XP/Platinums started using the same "SmartFusion" backing like we see on all the Purolator Boss's. Happy to see one not afraid of using these extended mileage M&H filters. Great job & good distance on this at 14k!

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/changes-to-wix-xp-filters.345720/

Last edited:
This is a Mann+Hummel Napa Platinum that I got at one of the Napa sales back when. This car has only ever seen M1 EP for 14k mile OCIs since I bought it new. I replace the filter each time.

View attachment 208859View attachment 208860View attachment 208861View attachment 208862

View attachment 208863View attachment 208864
Note that bit of sludge junk in the bottom. And some that was maybe trapped under the spring. Though I think it may actually be due to the spring-case wear.

But there was some very thick junk in there. The engine is clean otherwise. It now runs HPL 0w-20.

View attachment 208865
Maybe I missed it; whatboilnandnfikter went on and in? Thank You sir

I just did a BITOG search & found this one mentioning they went from a wired backing to a nylon backing. I'm going to assume that the newer ones XP/Platinums started using the same "SmartFusion" backing like we see on all the Purolator Boss's.
Because both WIX and Purolator are under the Mann-Hummel umbrella.

View attachment 208859View attachment 208860View attachment 208861View attachment 208862

View attachment 208863View attachment 208864

View attachment 208865
Great looking filter. Mann&Hummel has been putting out some quality filters. At a time where it seems quality has reached a long time low for most others.

Back