Affinia/Wix reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick - both of the numbers that you bought are manufactured here in the USA. Any product we sell that is manufactured outside the USA is clearly identified as such. The identification on the filters in question reference Gastonia, NC - but do not clearly define that the product is Made in the USA. We will consider making changes that make it more evident when product is produced domestically. We are legally obligated to make the Country of Origin evident on the product when that country is outside the US and make considerable efforts to make sure that we are compliant with such laws.

Thank you for your business and taking time to contact us with your question.

E-mail from WIXFILTERS.com Site:

Request Relates To: Oil Filters

Name: Nick R
Address:
City: Ballston Spa
State/Province: NY
Zip/PC: 12020
Phone
Fax:

E-Mail: [email protected]

Question/Request:
Good evening, sir/madam. Recently I purchased three NAPA Gold oil filters, which are Wix products. One was a 1040, the other two were 1372s. I looked all over on the packaging, and filters themselves, and I cannot find a Country-of-origin label. Could you possibly tell me where these filters were made/assembled? Thanks!

-Nick

We told ya so.
43.gif
04.gif

I figured the Gastonia NC label was where Affinia was headquartered. I would be amazed if they actually decided to make it clearer what the COO was. I just gained even more respect for the company.

It is interesting those were not marked, as the two I bought for a friend were marked on the filter Made in the USA. The part number for the ones I bought is 57092

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back