best synthetic oil for winter???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to add my opinion in here. I have tried the oils mentioned above.. Castrol 0-30 ( GC), as well as the others, however I have not tried the Mobol 0-40, all that said.. you will be hard pressed beating the Shell Rotella T 5w-40, it's an outstanding oil that holds up very well.. even compares to the "synthetics" maybe evening beatings several of them in the long run OCI. I have never had any cold start problems with Shell Rotella T 5w-40, and I have used it in Honda 4 bangers, Cummins 5.9 Turbo Diesel, and many many more. I would not use any additives in any of the oils you choose, if you wish to try another oil, by all means it's the spice of life for sure, however don't rule out the Rotella T being at the top of your oils listed to try

I think M1 0W40 would be the hot choice for this for a number of reasons. First it will out flow the 5W40 youa re useing. Second it was designed specifically for large European car's. Third it has the most advanced base oils and additive package when talking retail shelf oils! The 5W40 you have been useing will work though as well no need to switch unless you feel the need to!Oh and the M1 0W40 long before PP started to make claims about sludge cleaning ability the M1 0W40 made this claim. The problem was that you had to go to their web site to read it they did not really advertise this tid bit in any of their add's on tv or in print.

I would definately chose it over Synpower 5W30!

Originally Posted By: JohnBrowning
I think M1 0W40 would be the hot choice for this for a number of reasons. First it will out flow the 5W40 youa re useing. Second it was designed specifically for large European car's. Third it has the most advanced base oils and additive package when talking retail shelf oils! The 5W40 you have been useing will work though as well no need to switch unless you feel the need to!Oh and the M1 0W40 long before PP started to make claims about sludge cleaning ability the M1 0W40 made this claim. The problem was that you had to go to their web site to read it they did not really advertise this tid bit in any of their add's on tv or in print.

I would definately chose it over Synpower 5W30!

+1
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back