Quaker State shelf life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a good stash in fall of 2007, Quaker State Peak Performance 5 w 30 and 10 w 30.
How many years before this stuff can`t be used in a engine?
i understand there is a shelf life for oil?

Last edited:
If it were ten years from now, I would use it. I've used 7 year old Delo SAE30 and it was fine.

As long as it's stored in a "cool dry place" (i.e. basement, garage, etc) it will last a long time. 2 years on the shelf is nothing to worry about.

Several years, if in doubt shake it before pouring it into the engine. I've used API SE oil in a mower this summer. It was fine I made sure I shook it well before using it, nothing was settled on the bottom of the bottle.

Originally Posted By: y2k345
Bought a good stash in fall of 2007, Quaker State Peak Performance 5 w 30 and 10 w 30.
How many years before this stuff can`t be used in a engine?
i understand there is a shelf life for oil?
10 year old dino oil never failed my dad in his S/B cars so I would imagine you are more than safe.

Just got a phone call today from the people at QS after i contacted them through their website and they told me 5 years. Darn good customer service if you ask me

Just got a phone call today from the people at QS after i contacted them through their website and they told me 5 years. Darn good customer service if you ask me

Gotta love SOPUS. Great company, IMO.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe

Gotta love SOPUS. Great company, IMO.

Gotta agree! Their products are top notch at very attractive prices. I try to use Pennzoil/QS/Shell oil with Gumout Regane dumped in the gas tank every oil change. The only beef I have with Sopus is their gas prices around my area. It happens to be at least $0.10 higher than any other pumps in a 2 mile radius. I still use them since Shell is the only gas station around here found on www.toptiergas.com and it helps me sleep better at night knowing I am putting a top tier gas in my car.

Long LONG time. 5 years from shell is VERY safe.

I've used a lot of oil over the decades that is way older than 5 years with no problems.

Just shake the heck out of it and keep it in a out of the sun area and you'll be fine.

Take care, Bill

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

I've used a lot of oil over the decades that is way older than 5 years with no problems.

Just shake the heck out of it and keep it in a out of the sun area and you'll be fine.

Take care, Bill

What about freezing? I keep my oil stash in an unheated garage.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

Take care, Bill

What about freezing? I keep my oil stash in an unheated garage.

I'd not worry about it freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back