Jump Starters - USA Made

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can ask them about COO, but I don't find a jump starter on their website. I'm looking for a portable jump starter that I can carry to oh, say an office parking lot, & jump a dead battery.

Finding a "US made" portable jump starter is probably impossible. Most, if not all, of the SLA batteries inside will not be made here.

I used to have a "Vector" portable jump starter that lasted a good 8+ years of hard service. After that died, I just bought a standard marine starting battery. They come with bolts for wire lugs and a nylon strap to carry it, and have high cranking amps. It was only $49 too. I made my own set of jumper cables that simply bolt onto the battery with some normal wire lugs. (cut the aligator clips off one end of a normal set of jumper cables)

doitmyself,

Clore does seem like a good possibility.
I've never heard of X-force. Have you or anyone else? I'm a little leary of them right now.

2nd,
All of the components may not be made in USA. However, about all that I can realistically do is believe the mfg made in USA label.

This is too funny....benjamming go to the Clore site to find out they make BOTH of the jump starters I linked to. The T Tech mfg. can't be all that bad. Only a few models claim US origin.

I have no experience with any jump starter and only serve to dish out useless net information.

Now that I know you are tied to the nuclear industry AND from Alabama (My parents-in-law live there), I don't think I want to help you anymore
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

My transplanted inlaws claim that many down there believe the civil war isn't over yet
23.gif
Flame suit on...us Michiganders deserve equal harassment.

Take Care

I didn't realize they made the X-Force as well (reading comprehension must be low, I'm from AL ya know!). Now to find out the real differences, if any.

Update to an update:

Ben-

The following units are made here:
JNC950
JNC1224
JNCXF
JNCXFE
ES6000
ES8000
ES1224
HT1224
FMB1224

Only the JNCXF and the JNCXFE can be labeled "Made in the USA" because all the components for the units are also made in the US. While the other units are manufactured in Kansas City Missouri, some of the components have come from other countries.

Sorry for the earlier mis-information.

Nikki Buchanan
Clore Automotive

AntiMatic,

How has offices in northern AL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back