WSS-M2C-929-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would someone please explaine to me what WSS-M2C-929-A means?. I find one post that explained it a little bit, but still not sure. From what I was reading before, this spec indicates it performs or is equal to a syn blend. Is that true, or am I way off?

Thanks Thatwouldbegreat...
Thatwasgreat except that I it was a bit over my head so to speak.
Someone told me that this spec means that it is equivelant to a syn blend. Is that true?

quote:

Originally posted by grbr95:

Thatwasgreat except ...

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

grbr95 - To answer your question, no, the Ford WSS-M2C929-A spec for 5W-30 does not mandate a synthetic or synthetic blend oil.

This spec basically mirror's the GF-4 requirements that all the major brands of dino/conventional oils currently meet.

I think, most here would agree, that the reason for the Motorcraft line of oils being a synthetic blend is because the supplier, ConocoPhillips, has access to an economical source of Grp III base oils, and not because Ford has any requirements for a synthetic blend motor oil.

A syn blend isn't necessarily better than non-synthetic oil. They can just mix a little synthetic in with lower quality basestocks to meet the same spec. IMHO it really isn't that important how you meet a spec as long as you can meet it; the rest is marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back