JB Weld Brake Fluid ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to make a brake bleader ...So i got new cap and some fins .. but I need to seal it ..
Is JB Weld good to make seal ... ?

After reading a few times I assume you're putting a hole in a master cylinder cap and sealing the threads of whatever very large bottle you'll be up-ending.

I would use superglue as it's very plastic friendly, JB is meant to stick to metal etc too and of course let it dry all the way first. Though if it says on the package it's good for plastic it'll work and as a 2 part epoxy stronger. I just point-counterpoint argued myself!!

There will be many people reading this as "I want to fix my brakes with JB weld"
lol.gif

Question is JB Weld - brake fluid resistant ...

I have Motive Bleeder but I don't have compatible cap ...
So I'm making my own - I drilled hole .. and I'm using Brass Fitting ... but It has to be air tight ... so I need some good sealer ...

JB Weld is steel filled epoxy, epoxy is brake fluid resistant. A cap would be a no brainer.

If you were going to build a brake fluid reservoir out of epoxy, that would take more information to be sure.

Originally Posted By: Ndx
Question is JB Weld - brake fluid resistant ...

I have Motive Bleeder but I don't have compatible cap ...
So I'm making my own - I drilled hole .. and I'm using Brass Fitting ... but It has to be air tight ... so I need some good sealer ...

Actually, I also have a Motive bleeder and did exactly that. I got an extra cap, drilled a hole for a brass fitting, then used a glob of red MarineTex on both sides to make doubly sure the threads were pressure tight. That was about 8 years ago and lots of usage. I generally don't go much above 12psi or so. JB Weld will probably work just as well.

Good luck.

LOL,

thats how I read it!

Thats a good idea!, I've actually used JB on plastic, and it does work pretty well. Weather or not it would be better than two part epoxy....not sure. I guess it would come down to if it IS brake fluid resistant.

sounds like a good plan though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back