rattle sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me that sounds like either something in the clutch about to go or a rod knock.
The only reason I mention a rod is because the noise seemed to get more solid when you were on the gas. Does it do it if the car is sitting still and you rev it up?

Take some more vids from the engine bay and under the car with someone reving it up a little.

in the last video, its not my car. I tried with a camera to take a video but the only thing you can hear is the wind. I have a real camera video but I'm not able to put in my computer. I just dont know how lol.

For the sound Adrock, my car is an automatic transmission cts 3.6l v6 vvt with 114k miles. So it cant be the clutch.

For the rod knock, I'm not sure and you are scaring me. The sound only happens between 25km/h and 40km/h.

-the noise can only be heard when in gear at 1/4 throttle.
-when I hear the sound and I give just a little more gas, I can hear the sound a little bit more for a split second but it will go away.
-when in neutral or park and you rev the engine, you cant hear nothing wrong. I've revved it until 4500 rpms in neutral and nothing.
-When in WOT, nothing at all and the car is working very great.
-when the windows are close, you can hear the sound coming from the middle of the engine bay.
-when the windows are open, it sounds like its coming from under the car. Could it be the exhaust?

Yesterday, I took the car and I tried to make the sound happening again and nothing.

Last edited:
more precise at 0:06 but similar at 0:10 yes.

I've checked under the car for the cat and its not loose at all. Exhaust system is not loose.

When I rev the engine at idle, it sounds normal.

so if its a ping, would premium gas cure the problem? I've been using premium instead of regular for the last week (2 last tank) and it still does it when fully warm.

Just a quick question, if the timing was bad, would the car run rough all the time?

I've tried with one foot on the brake pedal and the other one on the throttle, car in gear, and it doesn't do anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back