Just purchased some Car Quest Wix filters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

irv

Yesterday I purchased 3 Car Quest Wix filters and in a word they look great!
After reading on here and finding out Car Quest crried Wix filter's, I had to purchase some.
Not sure if they are a real good copy or just made to Car Quest specs, but from what I can tell, they sure seem like top of the line?
I purchased 3 for my 09 Sierra 4x4 with the 5.3L engine, the total cost, txs in was $25.00 and change.(I get a bit of a discount as a buddy of mine works there)
I think I have found a filter that will be used exclusively in all my vehicles. (current and future)

If they are the Carquest Premium, then they are identical to the Wix and NAPA Gold filters. I believe the cheaper Carquest filters are still made by Wix also but aren't the same level of quality as the top line ones.

The regular carquest are a good filter, same as a napa silver as far as I can tell. They're really well made with a good design. Same paper media as everyone else, more than a champ, less than a puro, but better built and designed than either... in my opinion and my applications.

Haven't had a crack at a carquest premium, I would assume equal to a napa gold.

Is the ADBV black or red?

Originally Posted By: bepperb
The regular carquest are a good filter, same as a napa silver as far as I can tell. They're really well made with a good design. Same paper media as everyone else, more than a champ, less than a puro, but better built and designed than either... in my opinion and my applications.

Haven't had a crack at a carquest premium, I would assume equal to a napa gold.

Is the ADBV black or red?

It is the Car Quest Premium filter, not sure what ADBV stands for but the filter is white?
Ah, anit drain back valve, it is red/orange color and says it is made out of silicone.

The Carquest "blue" line of filters is their premium filters. The "red" line is a notch lower.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
The Carquest "blue" line of filters is their premium filters. The "red" line is a notch lower.

Blue line, Red line? The box is Blue and white, no red?
I am pretty sure my buddy would sell me the best filter he could find for my truck or at least ask me if I wanted the cheaper one?

It is model 84060, it says Premium and came in a blue box, I believe it to be Car Quest's top of the line filter?
In any case, this filter is superior imo, to the AC Delco's I had been using, you can just tell by looking at it.

Originally Posted By: irv

It is model 84060, it says Premium and came in a blue box, I believe it to be Car Quest's top of the line filter?
In any case, this filter is superior imo, to the AC Delco's I had been using, you can just tell by looking at it.

Actually the AC Delco filters sold up here in Canada are made by Wix and use the same media as the Carquest premium, NAPA Gold and Wix. The only difference is they don't use a silicone antidrainback valve.

Originally Posted By: Patman
Originally Posted By: irv

Actually the AC Delco filters sold up here in Canada are made by Wix and use the same media as the Carquest premium, NAPA Gold and Wix. The only difference is they don't use a silicone antidrainback valve.

I bought 6 AC Delco PF52's before that were made by Wix and even had a Silicone ADBV. Great deal for only ~$3.50 a piece!

Too many colors thrown around here
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back