Did my Cash for Clunkers.....a sad thing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a sad thing to see the Jeep Wrangler go.....

....but with 160k miles and a lot of work to be needed in the near future.....I just had to do it.

What is the replacement....for a kid/school car??????

IMG00099.jpg

Yep....it is an Accent. Got it for less than $8k with an awesome stereo and A/C.

good deal for you. sad day for the jeep. I cant say that I wouldn't do the same thing... but its pretty bad that our tax money is employing people in Korea. actually, you are pretty lucky to find a car at a reasonable price. many of the dealers here are literrally cleaned out.

I think he means $11,500. Congrats. Doing my C4C next week.

Let me go again on the record to say that C4C is a good thing.

Accents have really grown in size. The first ones look tiny compared to the current ones. I like the looks of the Accent over the Rio even though they are pretty much the same car. How does it ride and drive?

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie

time will tell. our taxes, printed money and debt sure are financing lots of overseas jobs and foreign companies... Not sure how much that helps in all... Plus it takes good parts and some decent used cars off the road. It makes a LOT of pollution to produce a new car, especially a hybrid, compared to a tuned older car.

I think he means $11,500. Congrats. Doing my C4C next week.

For some perhaps.
I was tempted at first to trade either the '90 Bronco2 or the Cherokee, but after finding out that they must be destroyed i decided not to.
Too much waste of a perfectly good vehicle.
Specially since the B2 has only 25k on a rebuilt engine.....
grin2.gif

I'd like the C4C program if it were for Ford GM and Chrysler vehicles only.
27.gif

AD

I traded my 87 Volvo with 370K miles on it in on the C4C program.
By the way it didn't look this good when I dropped it off.
I spent six hours at my mechanics shop on the Sunday before, swapping out the good parts for marginally used parts.
It looked like the blues mobile with the snow tires on rusty steel wheels and moon hubcaps.
Anything any Volvo owner wanted off the car I let them have for free except the wheels and tires and the upper chassis brace. I ended up selling them to another owner for a good price.

3787323796_6864b981d1.jpg

I used the $4,500 C4C for a 2010 Prius.

3787318964_dd27b45174.jpg

Last edited:
Nice.

We're going from a 18mpg 1995 Audi A6 w/160k, poor maintenance and a deer strike to a "Saturn" Astra which only gets 27mpg, knocking us down to $3500. With a whopper $5k discount we're getting a loaded European car for $11k.

C4C is good because it directly helps people who could not afford to repair or upgrade their cars, while trimming off the low end owners who should not have a vehicle anyway. More important is it gets the old cars SOLD, which were literally choking up the system. The vehicle we are getting is a leftover 2008, probally built in '07. This action is crucial to getting the auto industry moving into it's next phase...whatever that is.

C4C is good because it directly helps people who could not afford to repair or upgrade their cars

But they can somehow afford the car payment for the new car?

C4C is good because it directly helps people who could not afford to repair or upgrade their cars,

LOL. But they're still dishing out $10-15k to buy that new car right now. Prior to C4C, what was stopping them from buying a 1-2 year old used car for those $10-15k instead of a new one right now? That slightly used car would have still been a lot better than their old clunker, right?

Most of those C4C customers are now an extra $10-15k in debt, which tells me that they shouldn't have bought a new car anyway.

Well my buddy klunked a 1997 4-Runner that was absolutely decrepid. The G5 he got achieves twice the mileage and was sitting stagnant on a dealer lot. The payments narly exceed the savings in fuel and repairs on the 4Runner.

w00t!

XR-35.jpg

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Most of those C4C customers are now an extra $10-15k in debt, which tells me that they shouldn't have bought a new car anyway.

01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back