2004 Aveo Transmission oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Chevy Aveo is supposed to use Type IV tranny fluid. All I can get at the moment is type VI. I know this is supposed to be compatible but the tranny was made by Daewoo in Korea. Does anyone know if I can still use Type VI. I cant seem to find any more info on the web. Any help would be appreciated....thanks

The Aveo has always used an Aisin-Warner 4spd auto, which is a great thing! They're tops in the AT department IMO. It's probably got a drain plug too. If it specs Dex IV, Dex VI can be used. Nothin' special about Dex 6 other than it's spec'd a long life, "lifetime fill" ATF.
09%20Aisin%2081-40LE%20MLQ%20LoR.jpg

Joel

Aisin is a good trans. Im not too sure about the compatibility between type 4 fluid and the new dexron 6. From what i understand the type 4 fluid is a toyota fluid. The dexron 6 of course is backwards compatible with all previous DEXRON fluids,,im not sure if its a replacement for type 4 as in my dealership dex 6 and type 4 come in different bottles.

That is actually T-IV it is calling for, a Toyota fluid type different from the Dexron fluid series. GM would also carry the T-IV fluid as part no. 88900925 for U.S./22689186 for Canada but at least in the U.S. it is usually about 1/2 price to just buy it from the Toyota dealer.

Bingo, if it's asking for T IV tranny fluid. this is the toyota T-IV trans fluid that I use in my "Pontiac" vibe auto trans. I wouldn't put D-VI. Put T-IV only. dealerships will have the stuff. make sure you tell them it's for a Chevy Aveo or they will sell you the D-VI

And, any universal or multi-vehicle ATF, that mentions the T-IV spec will work great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back