Toyota good engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Colt
Originally Posted By: Hazmat
Originally Posted By: Colt
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Well thats conclusive enough for me. Toyota is the greatest vehicle on earth.

I like 'em!

Here is one to think about...I had a 2001 Toyota Tundra that I thought was the best truck made...

Then I drove it awhile.

Each time I rotated the tires at least one lug nut would break when torqued to the proper spec. I ended up keeping a stock of them for each time I rotated the tires.
The windows would rattle and sound like they were falling out when they were rolled down about 2" ...I was told by the dealer and the regional service reps that this was normal and they would not do anything about it.
The clips that held the wing windows in the back of the extended cab both broke the second time I opened them.
The back doors on the extended cab would rattle.
The dashboard would make a loud popping noise going over bumps. I took it to the dealership and they broke the windshield trying to find the noise...then claimed it was that way when I took it there...so they would not replace it...and on top of that they did not fix the noise.
Multiple lights burned out on the instrument cluster after a couple of years.
The exhaust manifolds cracked where they were bolted to the engine block which caused very low fuel economy because the O2 sensors were trying to compensate for the leak....this was a $1500 replacement of exhaust manifolds.

I personally will never even look at another Toyota...the TOY in the name says it all.

For every one tale like this there are hundreds of GM stories.
I've had mostly Toyota vehicles over the last 20+ years and been very happy with their service.
I can share some '02 Grand Prix,Explorer and son former '06 Cobalt stories with ya.
No more trying the US badge again.

Try reading the TundraSolutions.com website....there are hundreds of customers that have had many of the same problems with their Toyota Tundra. In fact there are enough postings on there that I would think that if Toyota was a good company they would have issued a recall on some of them...Especially the cracked exhaust manifolds...it is a environmental issue as well as well as a design flaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back