Lubriplate CFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a discussion yesterday with some "old timer" mechanics the subject turned to engine cleaning. The regular solvent based cleaners were discussed as was AutoRX. But two of the guys swear by a product called Lubriplate CFL oil. Said put it in your sump and change your filter about 500 miles before your scheduled oil change. Now these two guys I respect. They sounded like a AutoRX commercial talking about how gentle this Lubriplate CFL oil is but also how it cleaned ring packs/sludge etc.
I googled till my fingers fell off and I did find some others using it as a cleaner with good results.
I searched here and found quite a few threads about their grease but no post about the CFL being used to clean.
Anybody have any experience using the Lubriplate CFL oil as a cleaner?

Last edited:
I am not familiar with this product but if Lubriplate makes it, it is probably a good product. I would want to contact them to find out more about it.

Yes. I am going to call their tech number tomorrow during working hours. The CFL stand for Clean Flush and Lubricate I have found. Now I see on their website it is used in various machinery but no mention of a automobile engine.

Last edited:
I disagree with Johnny for the first time.

I've thrown more Lubriplate away than I've used, and I've replaced far to many rusted roller & ball bearings that had been greased with Lubriplate grease ('cuz it looks clean to the guys doing the greasing) than I have with all other greases combined.

I have found no use for any Lubriplate product that can't be beat by another common product. I sure wouldn't used that food grade flushing solvent in an engine. Food grade means that it will pass through your body without poisoning you.

That's okay Ken2, my wife disagrees with me for the first time almost everyday. I agree with you that I would probably not use this product in the engine. But, I have had good luck with some of their greases if the correct grease is use for the correct application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back