Acronis True Image 10 Personal Edition for Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.uberi.com/hot-deals/acronis-true-image-10-personal-edition-for-free-18380.html

More free is more good!

cheers3.gif

A free way to make a clone of one hard disk to another.

Good for upgrading to a new & faster disk, or to make a complete clone of the system for archive purposes.

I just used MaxBlast 5 to make a clone of a drive. Pretty neat. It looked like Acronis made the program. No more reloading Windows, drivers, etc. when Windows is messed up. Now I have a good image to restore the primary hard drive when needed.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
What are the pluses??

Never ever again will you have to reinstall your operating system when something runs amuck. If you install software and it messes your system up, instead of taking days to get your system back to where it was, with imaging software, you're back up and running in minutes.

I'll never compute without it!

Originally Posted By: MONKEYMAN
I just used MaxBlast 5 to make a clone of a drive. Pretty neat. It looked like Acronis made the program. No more reloading Windows, drivers, etc. when Windows is messed up. Now I have a good image to restore the primary hard drive when needed.

I have Apricorn Easy Gig II which is probably the same thing - a knock off of True Image without incremental backup.

True Image 10 is a couple revisions old. I think they are up True Image 12 now. It will still do the job. I bought version 11 for $9.99 and I am happy with it. Version 12 doesn't do anything more than 11 if I remember correctly.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
What are the pluses??

This may be great for XP users, but I would be wary of it if you're running Vista. There are aspects of that OS that may not get properly backed up. (shadow copies for example)

My preference for system backup is native "Complete PC Backup and Restore".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back