Napa Conventional Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody have any experience using the Napa house brand conventional 5w20 oil? Great price but don;t how it holds up between 3000 mile changes.

Any SM rated oil should go 3k.Others compare Valv to Napa syn as same, perhaps same case with dino. Perhaps a tad lesser add pack, and valvoline is good 6-8k, so should work for the time wanted ok.

all your rigs listed are easy on motor oil.
with normal use, 6k miles between OCIs with any SM 5w20 on the market.
watch for the sales and stock up. can use the same one on all 4 rigs unless you tow or haul heavy with the F150, then a 10w30 is called for.

Originally Posted By: jldcol
Any SM rated oil should go 3k.Others compare Valv to Napa syn as same, perhaps same case with dino. Perhaps a tad lesser add pack, and valvoline is good 6-8k, so should work for the time wanted ok.

not to get off the orginal topic but what would be a decent interval for the napa synthetic oil?

5w30 currently in a 2000 F250 5.4 gasser with 148K (all it had before was castrol gtx and motorcraft 5w20 & 5w30 w/ the 3K intervals). just curious, im only going to put 5k on it so i think the oil should be in good shape.

Last edited:
I would put at least 3k on it with no problems. After all it is Valvoline.
thumbsup2.gif

I've used it too. A good oil for a decent price. I started my stash recently with a case of OReilly 5w30, and may get a case of Napa 5w30 next.

I am currently running the exact oil for a 7500 - 8000 mile run in a 04 Honda Accord with 2.4L. This engine has had excellent results with that mileage on Valvoline and Motorcraft. This oil was cheaper so if it turns in as well of results I am switching to it. I will post a UOA when I get to the mileage.

my neighbors subaru went 240k on napa with 3k oci...he traded it in...go at least 6k

It's a Valvoline derivative. Specifically with lower calcium and higher sodium than regular Valvoline. It's still a fine oil. In your applications listed, I think 3k on NAPA dino would still be overkill. More like 5-6k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back