Fram vs. Napa Gold vs. Bosch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which of the above is superior, or are they all the same? After I saw the Fram sawn apart I never used it again. I was told that none of the filters are good for more than 12,000 km. I use a 10,000 km OCI.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
A regular Fram isn't even the same league as the other 2.

+1
thumbsup2.gif
I would use Napa Gold out of these choices.

I vote Napa Gold too.

I think the Bosch is made by champ labs which I am not the fondest of.

Bosch bought Purolator, so they have Purolator guts.

You do realize that the Mobil 1 EP and K&N oil filters are made by Champ. Are you not fond of those filters?

Bosch is made by purolator. They own purolator with Mann. I would use the Napa Gold, but i wouldn't have a problem with using the Bosch if I got a good deal on it. I like the Bosch better than the purolator too.

Napa gold is what I would use. I am not sure if fleetfiler.com would ship to Canada. But their prices are reasonnable if you are looking to stock up on filters.

Originally Posted By: Billy007
Napa gold is what I would use. I am not sure if fleetfiler.com would ship to Canada. But their prices are reasonnable if you are looking to stock up on filters.

actually on the front page of fleetfilter it says

"We use UPS to the 48 states and USPS to CANADA, ALASKA, AND HAWAII "

but I wonder what the cost to ship would be.

If they're using USPS, it's a bargain for your Canadian users over retail offerings. The only thing is you're buying a bunch of filters. You need a sizable extended fleet or a few like minded pals to chip in. Otherwise, you'll have a few years of filters to use up on a car you may not own for that length of time.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
If they're using USPS, it's a bargain for your Canadian users over retail offerings. The only thing is you're buying a bunch of filters. You need a sizable extended fleet or a few like minded pals to chip in. Otherwise, you'll have a few years of filters to use up on a car you may not own for that length of time.
It's a good thing GM did one thing decent and designed alot of their engines to fit the AC PF47/Wix 51040/Napa 1040/etc. My car, my wife's, and my mom's all take it so I'll be set for filters for awhile.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back