Bosch vs. Denso Oxygen Sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will throw a CEL and then the computer will monitor the sensor and if the values are out of range than what is the maximum/minimum accepted then it ignores its input and uses default values and/or calculates using other sensors... This has been in place since 2000 I think due to more stringent emission standards and because they know that joe consumer will drive with the light on for a while before having it fixed if not fixed at all.

My sisters Hyundai Elantra passed the SMOG test with 2 bad oxygen sensors and over 120,000 Miles on the car. (In case you need proof)

grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC

This stops the engine from carboning up like past models used to because they relied heavily on the Oxygen reading instead of calculating using other O2 / Tps/ MAF sensors.

This engine got carboned up because it was driven in stop and go traffic from [censored] every day for two years. There was nothing wrong with the O2 sensors, the car just never got driven hard enough.

It was the lead that killed off the Bosch sensors. The Denso sensors have a special design which protects the ceramic element from lead poisoning.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
You don't have a can of NEVER-SEIZE? Get one. It's a nearly a lifetime supply. Do it before it gets stuck with some inflation thingie. Being a tightwad also requires some sense of avoided costs.

+1 and get the good stuff like Fel-Pro C-5A. All the stuff I have ever seen in auto parts stores is low quality "do it yourself" grey stuff. We need better than that. C-5A is copper based and good for 1800 degrees.

I'll use denso any day compared to bosch. I am not brand loyal, I am a person that hate come backs.

If you own a honda it doesn't matter if you buy denso, ngk or bosch they seem to eat heater circuits. Otherwise denso is a solid product compared to bosch IMO.

I just bought NTK(NGK) for the Trailblazer. It is not here yet. I just couldn't do the Bosch, and I have always Liked the NGK brand. I also have the NGK Laser Iridium plugs. Of course I have no scientific basis for my likes/dislikes.
blush.gif

Last edited:
never will use bosch for any type of parts in auto application. tried there wiper blades was not impressed, spark plug wires did not last long i find anything bosch is overated. just my 2 cents worth.

Originally Posted By: fillitup
never will use bosch for any type of parts in auto application. tried there wiper blades was not impressed, spark plug wires did not last long i find anything bosch is overated. just my 2 cents worth.

Same experience here.

I never see a Bosch O2S last as long as a Denso, it seems that every VW has one, and has it fail around 80K.

Their wipers are the worst.

Also, I haven't been pleased with their starters and alternators, but they are better than some of the ones that go into certain GM and Ford products.

I've heard horror stories about Bosch sensors on Series II 3800 motors, so I picked up a Denso for $40. Have heard good things about them, eager to try it out!

I disagree about their wipers. I've had a pair of their framed wipers on for 9 months now, and they work just as well as new.

The beater Quest we have has an Denso up front before the warm-up cat that went in at 190K, while the rear OEM Bosch is still there.

from what i've read and experienced, motors "like" certain brand parts over others, and performance and driveability prove this. on a dakota website, the guru mechanic there always stated to use ntk (ngk) O2 sensors, as the bosch did not do as well in the 3.9 L motors.i don't remember the oem brand. sometimes your sensor can get "lazy", and not perform well, but not throw a cel code. often, you will not get a cel code until the sensor is really bad. as well, these motors do well with ngk plugs.

I've had bad luck with Bosch. My LT1 died with them in it. And not to burst anyone's bubble Bosch did NOT invent modern electronic fuel injection. True they had FI in 57 but it was single point and mechanical. It was Bendix in 58 who had the first modern electronic multi-point fuel injection. Was on Chrysler 361 B engine.

The OEM on this van was Bosch since the Quest was a Ford/Nissan product. Nissan uses NTK most of the time. I prefer Denso myself. I'll admit here, I'm running Walkers on the Lexus - and 2 of them are Denso clones made in Indonesia, they seem to work well but I'll see if codes 24-25 rear their ugly head.

And I've had better luck with Bosch than Trico or Anco blades, but it's hard to find the refillable Belgian ones now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back