will mobile 1 530 remove sludge on Volvo 2.5 turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an 06 XC90 with the 2.5T. The dealer talked me into putting dino oil in at the 1st service (7.5K). After I thought about it, I thought "I know enough to know a hard working turbo should be running a synthetic." I immediately drained it and have been running M1 5w-30 ever since, and doing my own changes. I have no varnishing at all that I can see...

Two years ago I bought an 01 Volvo S60 T-5 with 73,000 miles on the clock. Pretty soon thereafter I treated it with Auto-RX. It caused no problems and I am happy with the results. I have used German Castrol since the rinse phase was completed with a 5,000 mile change interval.

If you have the Aisin-Warner automatic transmission I would recommend changing the fluid if it has not been done. Volvo says the fluid is a lifetime fluid, but I say [censored]. Only use JWS-3309 speced fluid. My local stealership charges $20 for one quart. Yes, $20. Mobil makes it and you can mail order it for around $60 for a case of 12. Or you can go to your local Toyota dealership and buy some. It is a Toyota based transmission.

Check out the following websites for some good DIY info:

swedespeed.com
volvospeed.com

chestermo
I did service the tranny with mobile fluid.
After more than a year I have been running M1 at 3K OCI.
I do the labor so its no big deal. Engine is perfect.
This car is great - parts are a little pricey but I found IPDusa.com.

java,

Good deal on the trans flush. IPD is great. I have bought parts from myswedishparts.com, a dealer in Texas, eeuroparts.com, fcp groton. All have been great.

I love both our Volvos, Basic maintenance is fairly easy. I lowered my S60 with H&R springs and Koni struts from IPD. Man, its a blast. My wifes 80 is a highway cruiser.

One more good website I found recently is matthewsvolvosite.com. Lots of good info. I'm thinking about doing the non-contacting ETM rebuild by Xemodex. I am having no trouble, but you don't know when it may go. A permanent solution, not a bandaide.

The white volvos also tend to sludge in the
oilpick up...no good.
These engines needs good "cleaning" oils, the old red ones on the
other hand are as hard on oils as a /6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back