Recommended Oil for 04 Camry 4 cyl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering what was the BEST oil to use in my wife's 04 Camry 4 cyl? So far, I have been using Mobil 1 5W-30 Syn and things are going well. But, I wanted to know if there was an oil out there that I coulc be using that was better?

Mobil 1 5w30 is an excellent choice for Toyota engines! I'd stick with that, it'll definitely give you long engine life.

Pretty much any SM oil will make this engine last long.Yes,even the much maligned Supertech will carry this motor all the to the scrapyard
cool.gif
.It's just another well designed Toyota motor
smile.gif

BTW
I use ST 5W30 in my sister's 2.2L 00 Camry which has a reputation for sludging.It's as clean as a whistle under the valve cover.

Id run M1. In allentown, you could go with 10w-30 all year round without issue, if this engine is sludge prone. It would probably stand up a little better.

JMH

using Mobil1 5w-30 year round at 5k changes. May be a little overkill on the frequency. Just changed the oil the other day and used the extended use 5w-30, just a little more $$$ but so.....

and guys, with the extended product can the frequency be 10k based on a better product. do not mind staying at 5k changes, but wanted to ask!

Hello, I have an 03 Camry with the 2.4 2AZ-FE engine. I have tried 0W30 to 15W40 in it to date. To date I think it ran best with a Redline synthetic 5W40! This provided the smoothest operation in both warm and cold weather. It also gave me great gas milage. It provided the quitest operation as well. I tested it down to -18°F with Redline 5W40! If you want off the shelf 5W40 M1 TSUV would be my first choice followed by the controvesial M1 0W40 then Rotella-T Synthetic 5W40!

If you want a to run a 30Wt. I would run M1 10W30EP if you are going to use M1! If you want a 5W30 consider Redline or Amsoil S3K 5W30. All of the above have done well in a variety of Toyota's and all of them have either a great or decent track record in a number of other applications!

P.S. Toyota I4 of modern design are showing a prepensity for varnishing up with longer OCI and dino oil! If you decide to go with a dino oil make it a good one like Chevron Suprem or Havoline in 10W30 or 10W40 and change it every 3000 miles!!!!

mobil 1 and toyota engines per uoa are a match made in heaven.
fruit.gif
many 7500 mile UOA with toyota and regular mobil 1. 10k with mobil 1 ep should be a piece of cake. driving conditions permitted of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back